Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

Is bluesky scenery pretty good?

i want to fly out of Salt Lake City. But all I am finding is freeware. Is the blue sky of Salt Lake City pretty good? Is this also freeware? I never heard of bluesky but from the screenshots they look pretty good. Thanks

Yes! Bluesky scenery is excellent.  It's a bit of a pain to download, as it comes in many different "tile" downloads, but to an extent the same is true for MegaSceneryEarth.

Bluesky is a fantastic way to try out photoscenery, and considering it's free, it's really brilliant.

Sweet. Thank you. I got MSE Denver and there was like 30 files to install. Is it pretty much the same for the blue sky Salt Lake City? The only problem with MSE I was getting ctd's with a LOD higher than 7.5.

I'll give it a try. Thanks

I am now looking at Thier site. And there is a lot of stuff to download and it's all free! I like it how it's done by small sections. Should really compliment certain airports. Can't wait to enhance las vegas

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Photoreal Scenery Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Got some Salt Lake City scenery. Awesome sceney for free!!

How do ya guys do it so you can have all of the utahs senery tiles into one folder? Do I just take the files from all the folders and put them all into one folder?

Its excellent.

.2015-3-31_18-33-45-496_zpseqrjlnmf.png

Where is that at? Love the shading

When I unzipped the files. I put them in a bluesky Utah folder on the desktop. Then added them using the sceney libery. Was I supposed to make that folder in the fsx directory. Or will it really matter if they are located on my desktop? I flew from kslc and it looked like it worked.

Where is that at? Love the shading

When I unzipped the files. I put them in a bluesky Utah folder on the desktop. Then added them using the sceney libery. Was I supposed to make that folder in the fsx directory. Or will it really matter if they are located on my desktop? I flew from kslc and it looked like it worked.

Somewhere in Montana, if I remember correctly. Regarding file location, I have it on an external drive, so it should not matter.

Daniel Miller

...Just a bummer that it is taking up a lot of space on my hard drive.

Like Daniel said, it might be a good idea to have all your future photo-scenery on a separate external harddrive. I have all of the blueskyscenery files (and then some) and it can add up quite considerably. I also have it all on a separate drive and it helps to keep all the stuff organized

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Won't that hurt your external hard drive if it's constantly searching through the USB?