Not being a smartass, but have you tried a different monitoring program? MSI Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX and see if the results are the same?

Do you have the GPU count set to TWO in NVidia inspector?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Not being a smartass, but have you tried a different monitoring program? MSI Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX and see if the results are the same?

Do you have the GPU count set to TWO in NVidia inspector?

Vic

Yes, Precision X and Yes, set to SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO

Right, so second 980 was installed and tested with multiple games and bench-marking applications ( Unigine Valley and 3D Mark Firestrike) to confirm the SLI is correctly configured and is stable.

Ignoring the switching aircraft problem for the moment can you see any improvement in P3D with SLI verses one card?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Ignoring the switching aircraft problem for the moment can you see any improvement in P3D with SLI verses one card?

gb.

After figuring out how to load P3D and have both cards active, my total increase in FPS was exactly....zero.

What I did get is no real loss of FPS and the smoothness and performance remained pretty stable in conditions with heavy clouds and scenery texture loads would have a negative effect on my single card.

At this stage in my little journey, this is not a solution I would recommend unless you're going SLI for other reasons, which I am.

I did notice that overclocking the cards did help a little with FPS but again, nothing to write home about.

I am also not using the latest drivers (I am at 347.88) as I don't want to lose my runway lights so I could be losing out there.

Its interesting to note that opening any menu option in P3D also breaks SLI and reverts to using the primary card. I figure I must be missing a setting somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it or figure out what causes this.

Vic,

Thanks for your info. SLI finally enabled but I didn't see any performance changes. I came to conclusion, we will not get any joy from P3D until they change the code to 64 bit from 32.

I remember once I was speaking an expert regarding PC software. He told me don't invest any more money to P3D, their code base from FSX is old, will not match 64Bit, therefore you will loose half of your performance and cannot be gain until P3D recoded 64bit.  :Confused:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

How can I close  SLI green bar from screen during flight?

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"