Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

Global, Vector, OpenLC What do i need?

Hi,

a. which landclass is more realistics in Europe - UTX 2.0 or FTX openLC? I can't find any tests and comparisions...

b. which vector data is more actual (in Europe) and more friendly for performance - UTX 2.0 or FTX Vector?

Lucas

Well you do need Orbx Global to use OpenLC and my answer to your question : "Does Open LC coupled with Orbx Global will take care of land class not covered by other addons" is big FAT YES!  :rolleyes:

Just remember, in order for all textures to show up correctly, in Orbx manager, enable FTX Global first as otherwise you will have all your textures messed up big time. I learned all this hard way as I was flying in Europe while North America region was enabled.

In my opinion nothing is better than Orbx, its pricey, but what an eye candy and it is frame rate friendly as well. I really do not see any frame rate hit. I have Global, Open LC and Vectors installed and its awesome.

Hi,

a. which landclass is more realistics in Europe - UTX 2.0 or FTX openLC? I can't find any tests and comparisions...

b. which vector data is more actual (in Europe) and more friendly for performance - UTX 2.0 or FTX Vector?

Lucas

a.  That is all going to be in the eye of the beholder as landclass is just an approximation of what is really there in real life.  So, neither will be absolutely correct.  Only photo real can do that.  Also, I'm not sure if UTX EU has landclass for the entire continent or just city land class.

b.  Well, so in theory, UTX uses commercial data so that should be more accurate to the real world.  Vector is based mostly(entirely?) on OSM data which isn't necessarily "professional".  But, that may or may not mean it's more or less accurate.  As for performance, I think they are both about the same from my experience.  You just have to configure it right.  If you enable everything, I think both would effect performance.  Most people don't use the tertiary roads in Vector/UTX due to this.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Thanks for replies...I will probably buy FTX Global Base (for textures) but still don't know what to buy for lanclass and vector data :/

- UTX2.0 is "2 in 1" (and I have 50% coupon fir it ;)

- FTX Vector is for entire world but I have to also buy openLC...and both costs a lot

Ehh, I have to sleep with it

Lucas

How do you "deactivate" vector? As posted elsewhere, I have purchased Vector but yet to install it mainly because I keep coming across posts from folks who have tried it and then didn't like it for some reason or other. Willing to give Vector a go but only if getting rid of it is not a hassle if things don' work out. Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."