Hi guys just installed my new 28 inches samsung 4k resolution 3840x2160.....my video card is GTX 780 ...frames went down from 33 stable to 16.....any ideas ?????

connection is HDMI to monitor DVI from PC

Thanks

Peter

Titan X is needed I guess - you have now asked your current video card to do to much - downfall of such a high res monitor - but beyond that you should be able to turn down your graphic settings but still maintaining a pretty decent picture at least that would be the theory 

As for your connection of cables Rob could answer that one

Rich Sennett

Titan X is needed I guess - you have now asked your current video card to do to much - downfall of such a high res monitor - but beyond that you should be able to turn down your graphic settings but still maintaining a pretty decent picture at least that would be the theory 

As for your connection of cables Rob could answer that one

hummmm I wish some one with the same 780 and 4k could tell me what resolution  are they using to increase FPS....I think I make a 499 $ mistake here....

hummmm I wish some one with the same 780 and 4k could tell me what resolution  are they using to increase FPS....I think I make a 499 $ mistake here....

Well you did just quadruple the pixels being displayed. There's going to be a pretty big hit with that.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

question :monitor resolution should be the same in P3D?

Well you did just quadruple the pixels being displayed. There's going to be a pretty big hit with that.

what should I do?....to increase FPS ?

Have you turned down or even disabled Anti Aliasing? That should help by a fair bit.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

my video card is GTX 780

Most of the GTX 780 cards had only 3 GB of VRAM onboard. You may not be able to fit the frame buffer at 4K into that VRAM space, so you are probably also using slower motherboard RAM to push video to the monitor.

Most of the GTX 780 cards had only 3 GB of VRAM onboard. You may not be able to fit the frame buffer at 4K into that VRAM space, so you are probably also using slower motherboard RAM to push video to the monitor.

what it should be the solution? if there is any?

what it should be the solution? if there is any?

Titan X

Titan X

thats a 1000 $ solution...:) I think I am returning the monitor.....

Well to be honest I am not seeing much of a difference between my titan x and my gtx titan so that being said all of these new hardware options that come out are not a magic bullet when it comes to flightsim anyway a 780 is not a titan so you would see performance hikes but not earth shattering I would say about 30 to 35 percent - even the mighty titan x I still cant turn anything up more than with my regular titan - in the end its all about the code of the simulator we keep throwing all of this money at it for not much gain imo and I just built a 4970k at 4.6ghz very stable - corsair platinums - Maximus VII Formula - titan x - which will be water cooled just waiting on a few more parts - pretty scary to do all of this for hardly any change from my older board - this is getting to be very expensive searching for the ultimate experience - at this point not sure we will ever see it at least under the current platform - lesson learned not throwing tons of money at it anymore for a long time

I would return it also - you need Robs rig to get decent results and thats going to cost you a lot more than 1,000 dollars

Rich Sennett

Well to be honest I am not seeing much of a difference between my titan x and my gtx titan so that being said all of these new hardware options that come out are not a magic bullet when it comes to flightsim anyway a 780 is not a titan so you would see performance hikes but not earth shattering I would say about 30 to 35 percent - even the mighty titan x I still cant turn anything up more than with my regular titan - in the end its all about the code of the simulator we keep throwing all of this money at it for not much gain imo and I just built a 4970k at 4.6ghz very stable - corsair platinums - Maximus VII Formula - titan x - which will be water cooled just waiting on a few more parts - pretty scary to do all of this for hardly any change from my older board - this is getting to be very expensive searching for the ultimate experience - at this point not sure we will ever see it at least under the current platform - lesson learned not throwing tons of money at it anymore for a long time

I would return it also - you need Robs rig to get decent results and thats going to cost you a lot more than 1,000 dollars

yeap...is in the box ready to return.....

thanks

yeap...is in the box ready to return.....

thanks

No problem good luck

Rich Sennett

Or just wait a bit. Either the GTX 980 Ti or the AMD R9 390X will have more onboard VRAM and will probably be in the $700-800 range.

Or just wait a bit. Either the GTX 980 Ti or the AMD R9 390X will have more onboard VRAM and will probably be in the $700-800 ran

hummm going way to high in  my bugged ...better turn everything back i also order a gtx 970 that I didn't open out of the box...I know it wont do the job....