Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

If you let the installer auto install, it places the fsg bgl files in the default scenery folders. Just search for all files named fsg*.bgl

Thanks! Before I do that, I will capture few screens of FSG mesh and will compare it to FreeMesh X Global. I have a feeling that FreeMesh will blow it out of the water. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks a lot for this.  I just installed a torrent client on my dedicated server and will keep them seeding there for a month or two.  It's only 100Mbps but it should help a bit.

LOL, 100MBPS you are helping a lot!! 

Amazing product.. but i dont have FTX Vector now, so it will wait a bit ;)

Thanks! Before I do that, I will capture few screens of FSG mesh and will compare it to FreeMesh X Global. I have a feeling that FreeMesh will blow it out of the water. :)

Waiting for that!

Cheers :)

N.-

Hello eveyone,

I also want to thanks you for your contribution to the community. Now I'm downloading the South America I have solved a problem with this Mesh. The data source NASA SRTM 1 arc sec (30m resolution) Global version 3 developed with FSX SDK to a LOD 11 (19 meters) are the best we can get for FSX / P3D. However, I want the same report to all of you my project that will perhaps have escaped your attention in the past days.  :rolleyes:

As already pointed out before, there are serious problems with quotas of the  airports, water bodies and shorelines. All things solved even if the long a tedious process because for all I know I have to do it one by one.

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - Scenery Sicily VFR - Terrain Mesh SRTM 1 Arc/Sec version 3

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - Scenery Morocco VFR - Terrain Mesh SRTM 1 Arc/Sec version 3 - Volume 01

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - Scenery Morocco VFR - Terrain Mesh SRTM 1 Arc/Sec version 3 - Volume 02

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - Scenery Western Sahara VFR - Terrain Mesh SRTM 1 Arc/Sec version 3

Cheers Giovanni

Looks like a great product. Perhaps an alternative to torrent d/l would be nice.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Having recently gone over to FSX:SE I am assuming that it suffers from the same bug that was present in the boxed version, insofar as add on scenery is concerned. If so, I simply cannot get this to activate.

If anyone has any suggestions.....

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Well, that's some impressive numbers.  Full throttle 100Mbps going on here!

0FiLdNW.png

sig01.png

Hello eveyone,

I also want to thanks you for your contribution to the community. Now I'm downloading the South America I have solved a problem with this Mesh. The data source NASA SRTM 1 arc sec (30m resolution) Global version 3 developed with FSX SDK to a LOD 11 (19 meters) are the best we can get for FSX / P3D. However, I want the same report to all of you my project that will perhaps have escaped your attention in the past days.  :rolleyes:

As already pointed out before, there are serious problems with quotas of the  airports, water bodies and shorelines. All things solved even if the long a tedious process because for all I know I have to do it one by one.

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - Scenery Sicily VFR - Terrain Mesh SRTM 1 Arc/Sec version 3

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - Scenery Morocco VFR - Terrain Mesh SRTM 1 Arc/Sec version 3 - Volume 01

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - Scenery Morocco VFR - Terrain Mesh SRTM 1 Arc/Sec version 3 - Volume 02

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - Scenery Western Sahara VFR - Terrain Mesh SRTM 1 Arc/Sec version 3

Cheers Giovanni

great work thank you for your contributions

Having recently gone over to FSX:SE I am assuming that it suffers from the same bug that was present in the boxed version, insofar as add on scenery is concerned. If so, I simply cannot get this to activate.

If anyone has any suggestions.....

Hope this solve your problem

Cheers :)

N.-

I have FS Global 2010 installed.  What is the difference in LOD between that install and this ?

Extract from the Inside FS Global 2010.pdf

5. DATA COVERAGE IN FS GLOBAL 2010

Here are the facts:

• Global coverage generally according to SRTM availability between 54° southern

latitude and 60° northern latitude in approx. 76 m resolution (LOD9). Corrected

SRTM data using local meshes, manual data acquisition and contributions from

Jonathan de Ferranti.

• Coverage of the European Alps in a resolution of 19 m (LOD11), adjacent areas

in 38 m resolution (LOD10).

• LOD12 (FS-Mesh- and sourcedata in 9m resolution!) for Hawaii (complete) and

the southwest of the US, south of 38°N and west of 108°W (ca. Mesa Verde ->

Point Reyes)

• High Quality Coverage of Northamerica (and p.Canada!): nationwide LOD11

(19m).

• Greenland, Iceland and Scandinavia in LOD 9 (76m; standard SRTM resolution)

• additional high resolution areas in Europe in LOD11 (19m): High Tatra,

Scottland, Hardangervidda (Norway)

• o Russia / Sibiria in LOD9.

• o Antarctica in LOD8

• Using the new “quad mesh” technology introduced with FSX, intermediate

meshes for far-distance views are included with each BGL starting with LOD4.

For that reason, we need two versions o FS Global 2010 to ensure it is

compatible with FS2004 / FS9.

Another essential factor is that the data source. When he was released FS Global 2010 was not available this:

https://lta.cr.usgs.gov/SRTM1Arc

SRTM 1 Arc-Second Global elevation data offer worldwide coverage of void filled data at a resolution of 1 arc-second (30 meters) and provide open distribution of this high-resolution global data set. Some tiles may still contain voids. The SRTM 1 Arc-Second Global (30 meters) data set will be released in phases starting September 24, 2014. 

1 arc-second (approximately 30 meters). 

3 arc-second (approximately 90 meters). used into previous terrain mesh

With data source NASA SRTM 1 arc sec is possible resample untl LOD11

From FSX SDK

QMID level    LOD        Block size (degrees)  One Pixel (degrees)      Meters/pixel 

11                09           0.17578125           0.000683974               76.00

13                11           0.043945313            0.000170993               19.00

Daniel and David, now that you have finished this and already are bored and have nothing to do, maybe you could make a good global bathymetry mesh for P3D (completing the world's first REAL global mesh for FS ...)? :P

(Seeding 4 of 7 parts by now, rest still downloading ...).

Oh, a question:

Would there be any drawbacks to just dumping everything together in one scenery folder and add that to the FS scenery, as opposed to keeping the current folder structure and add 7 entries?

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

So, I decided to make some screenshots. I had planned to do a full on side-by-side comparison with the default mesh, but that got a bit old fast! I installed Europe and Australia and visited various locations and took a quick screenshot. The only old/new comparison is of the Matterhorn, the rest of these are all FreeMesh X....

As for FPS, I didn't notice a hit I haven't had time to test out VAS stuff yet.

3fIXUPQ.jpg

EivhbF9.jpg

Eyb7YG2.jpg

mv0Fk8V.jpg

1fB2LKR.jpg

6du56Bt.jpg

0N4FpzJ.jpg

FoH8qZ5.jpg

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Europe and America finished downloaded and I loaded a quick flight, both look amazing. This mesh is better than FS Global Ultimate in my eyes. (did not compare to Nextmap from fs Genesis)  I did leave the FSGlobal higher resolution mesh folder active to sit ontop and cover more resolution, but FreeMesh X Alps I am greatly looking forward to

So, I decided to make some screenshots ...

Looks weelly nice! Thanks for sharing. :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen