Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

So this will make North American better but isn't it the same resolution as default American? Sorry I don't understand, I don't know anything about mesh. Will I see a difference in Canada/USA with this over Default?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

WOW! You guys are the bomb! What a project, and what dedication to the sim community! I'm not at home right now, but will probably start downloading this stuff as soon as I can get behind my keyboard. I have a spare computer that I may be able to use for seeding (my machines never get shut down - they're always on-line) - I'm not a bit torrent guy, but I'll definitely get on board to help out. There is a lot of freeware out there, but this makes it pale by comparison.

Again, way to go! I'm sure that you're gonna get contributions even though you aren't asking for any. This is "paying it forward" to the max!

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So this will make North American better but isn't it the same resolution as default American? Sorry I don't understand, I don't know anything about mesh. Will I see a difference in Canada/USA with this over Default?

A mesh is simply the 3D model for the terrain. Think of it as a wireframe where the scenery, textures, autogen are laid upon. The higher LOD mesh, the higher the fidelity of the terrain, and the better the hills and mountains appear.

Stock USA is already LOD10, so it isn't included in the 1.0 release. North America therefore includes an upgraded Canada and Greenland.

WOW! You guys are the bomb! What a project, and what dedication to the sim community! I'm not at home right now, but will probably start downloading this stuff as soon as I can get behind my keyboard. I have a spare computer that I may be able to use for seeding (my machines never get shut down - they're always on-line) - I'm not a bit torrent guy, but I'll definitely get on board to help out. There is a lot of freeware out there, but this makes it pale by comparison.

Again, way to go! I'm sure that you're gonna get contributions even though you aren't asking for any. This is "paying it forward" to the max!

Thanks for the kind words! There are some HTML links provided on page 3 or 4. If only I could edit the original post to show that on the first page!

In the scenery library, do i need to place the mesh in a specific place?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

In the scenery library, do i need to place the mesh in a specific place?

I've just put it near the front of the scenery library before the rest of my addons. It's up to you where you would like to put it. If you have other meshes you'll like to get prioritized, then put them ahead of FreeMeshX.

Wow! I own FS Global Ultimate, and thought there wouldn't be much difference, but I downloaded Australia just for giggles anyway, and did a few comparisons. Result: quite noticeable improvement in some steep valley areas (eg. Blue Mountains) and in areas with hilly outcrops (eg. Glasshouse Mountains). Excellent ... great work! Thank you!

Just to reiterate that there are direct downloads now available. I can't edit the OP anymore, so I'll just repost them here again.

Conventional HTTP links for those who can't torrent -- Requires 7-ZIP -- 4.38 GB max size per link

Always extract the .001 or .7z file. The rest of the parts will automatically extract afterwards into one folder. Preference is torrenting, so please torrent if you can!

Africa (2 Parts)

Antarctica (1 Part)

Asia (4 Parts)

Australia and Oceania (1 Part)

Europe (1 Part)

North America (2 Parts)

South America (2 Parts)

• Upvote 1

Awesome x100 thanks so much. Does anyone know if ORBX full fat regions need mesh? I know they have their own but I dont know what the LOD is

ZORAN

Europe looks great with the new mesh! Previously I only had mesh for the Swiss/Austrian alps but now the whole region looks a lot better defined than before, really good job!

@aviatormoser:

Thanks for the wonderfull gift for the commnutiy.

But I have a question.

Can you write down how many files are in each packages, so we can compare if no bgl´s are mssing?

Oh wow,

thank you so much!

I was looking for a freeware global mesh for quite some time.

Looking forward to the future expansions.

Great stuff!!

I think that FS Genesis doesn't have any entry in the scenery library, that's the problem.

The FSGenesis uninstallers are in \FSX\FSGDocs\

Thank you.

This is some real real nice work.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yep, I uninstalled FSG via add/remove programs, no fuss, lol. Did some comparison shots and yes, as I predicted, FreeMesh X is MUCH better all around, except Alps as expected.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I spent a bit of time flying around various parts of the world with no other mesh but FreemeshX. It's really really good.

Not to mention the spirit of FS community at its finest.

I'm a believer! :smile:

- JP (seeding ...).

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen