Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Amazing! I see hills where i never saw any. Had FSG BTW.

Thanks for this beautiful add on!

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

Can I use FreeMesh X together with my FS Global?

If yes , how can I setup FSX to always use the better available Mesh?

Can I use FreeMesh X together with my FS Global?

If yes , how can I setup FSX to always use the better available Mesh?

Its automatic, FSX will choose for you. Just make sure you add freemesh to your library

ZORAN

I have ORBX FTX Global and ORBX FTX Vector installed, is FreeMesh X kinda the same thing and can i have it installed with the others. If yes will i see a benefit. I would also like to thank the producers of this free product.   

I finished downloading the Central America and South America. I wanted to make a comparison between the data source SRTM Terrain Mesh with Arc 3 sec (90 meters) LOD 9 (76 meters) and SRTM 1 arc sec (30 meters) in LOD 10 (38 meters) and LOD 11 (19 meters), these are the photos.

I wonder why the whole project was not done in LOD 11?

http://wikisend.com/download/638038/MiG_018.jpg

http://wikisend.com/download/476574/MiG_019.jpg

I finished downloading the Central America and South America. I wanted to make a comparison between the data source SRTM Terrain Mesh with Arc 3 sec (90 meters) LOD 9 (76 meters) and SRTM 1 arc sec (30 meters) in LOD 10 (38 meters) and LOD 11 (19 meters), these are the photos.

I wonder why the whole project was not done in LOD 11?

Simply because I did not want to upscale the data from 30-m to 19-m, meaning I would be creating more data points than I had data. Going from 30-m to 38-m is a really small sacrifice, and it would decrease data sizes by at least half. So I'm losing a small amount of detail from the source, but nothing significant.

I've been on standard FSX scenery as a regular tightwad and distracted dev, but had to give this a go. Europe installed, I went for a VFR flight at 300knots in the Milviz Sabre over country I know very, very well. I can now make out the hills and valleys, general layout of the countryside and autogen aside, didn't get lost! Must dash, they've refuelled me for a charge along the Scottish west coast...

B)  B)  B)

Talk about out of the blue! Thanks, Daniel!

Torrenting Europe and North America at the moment, will seed for a bit, even if it won't be that fast.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Talk about big news!

A BIG thank you Daniel, we'll get the torrents tonight. :lol:

Thanks guys! The seeding is really appreciated!

Here are some "promotional images" I guess! David aka "Mustang" needs some material for our upcoming website.

Nevado Sajama in Bolivia

QPcBL3z.png

Racing through the Alps

eRcbbUD.png

More Alps!

LvnzJ2h.png

Turning for home over Norway

WzJH2JX.png

Emirates over Aghanistan

ErDEHub.png

Kyrgyzstan Foothills

11zDDcn.png

I didnt get a chance to check it out, yesterday, so I just installed it and had a look.

In mountain areas it looks great, for sure, as we've seen in the pictures posted, but being from the Netherlands, where everything in FSX/P3D used to be as flat as pancake, I didnt expect to see much difference, but at EHEH (my home base) all around are subtle differences in height, this is really amazing!

Great effort, guys! Thanks a whole bunch! :D

Cheers!

Maarten

I have ORBX FTX Global and ORBX FTX Vector installed, is FreeMesh X kinda the same thing and can i have it installed with the others. If yes will i see a benefit. I would also like to thank the producers of this free product.   

Freemesh is something else, and works together with FTX Global and Vector. I tried it yesterday.

Thanks for this, really good work and very nice to see some community added stuff, all the more or less required add ons to Prepared really kills me :-)

I tried it out yesterday and it looked really nice (europe). Am I right to assume that this will consume more memory than the stock mesh? Reason I ask is that yesterday on the first test flight I had my first OOM with Prepared 2.5. But I also installed some updates and changed some settings, so adding Freemesh was not the only change I did yesterday.