Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Um, it doesn't really matter in relation to scenery. FSX will use the highest LOD mesh enabled for a given location. I usually put it before my addon airports and scenery. Or right after all the stock scenery.

Your comment that FSX will use the highest LOD mesh enabled doesn't seem to work for me. I have ORBX EU Scotland which, according to the User Guide, has a resolution of 10m so should always be used by FSX. However, when I enable FreeMesh X Europe, I get a slightly different version of the Suilven (third of the comparrison screen shots on the first page). As FreeMesh X is supposed to be 38m resolution, FSX should always give priority to the ORBX Scotland regional mesh but doesn't seem to. Any ideas why?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Daniel, great work  but a quick question for you, I am working on a airport with a custom mesh, Yellowknife and when I install yours it puts down its version of the mesh, in the North American mesh you have provided which bgl is the yellowknife area if I want to remove it.

thanks

Shane

If the LOD of your mesh > LOD10, then your mesh will be prioritized. If it isn't, then put it ahead of FreeMeshX in the load order. If FreeMeshX still conflicts, remove the N60W120.bgl tile.

The naming of the tile scheme works like this:

The name of the tile is the southwest corner of the tile, and the dimensions of the tile are 10 degrees latitude x 10 degrees longitude.

Also, for those offering donations, we are flattered! Instead of monetary donations though, we'd just be grateful if you donate some of your upload bandwidth in keeping the torrents seeded! Thanks a lot!

Your comment that FSX will use the highest LOD mesh enabled doesn't seem to work for me. I have ORBX EU Scotland which, according to the User Guide, has a resolution of 10m so should always be used by FSX. However, when I enable FreeMesh X Europe, I get a slightly different version of the Suilven (third of the comparrison screen shots on the first page). As FreeMesh X is supposed to be 38m resolution, FSX should always give priority to the ORBX Scotland regional mesh but doesn't seem to. Any ideas why?

Interesting. Hmm....if FTX Scotland is higher LOD, it should be prioritized no matter what.

Try moving FreeMeshX below the FTX Scotland scenery library entry. I don't have FTX Scotland, so I don't know what the entry is named. Tell me if that removes the conflict.

Am glad I didn't bother buying the FSG products. Thank you for this wonderful freeware mesh :drinks:

Justin ran a good company and had high quality mesh products for so many years. Today it is a different company and I do not know anything about them.

Also, for those offering donations, we are flattered! Instead of monetary donations though, we'd just be grateful if you donate some of your upload bandwidth in keeping the torrents seeded! Thanks a lot!

Happy to oblige. Downloaded yesterday THANKS!! and still seeding.

Congrats Daniel,  well done,  all the best luck to you dude  B)

Was just messing around in a short dusk flight around LDSP when I spotted something on a rather large hill in front. I couldn't make it out at first until I flew closer...The hill had cool looking ridges on it and the setting sun cast some lovely shadows. that's when I realised that it's the new mesh. I paused the sim and took a screenshot and then, just to be sure, I disabled the europe mesh and took a screenshot of the default mesh in exactly the same place. (I brigtened up the images a bit as it was a little dark) fairly subtle, but I honestly hadn't noticed ridges on hills before.

Best to view these at full size

V2KBjTY.jpg

XUWHo8Y.jpg

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

MMMMMMMMM it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when a great freeware product comes along like this, you guys are great! Thanks for all your hard work! I bet you the guys at FSGlobal :ph34r: and FSGenesis :ph34r:  are doing shipoopy in their overpriced pants right now  :lol:  :lol:

Cool shots Neil,  its nice, noticeable difference alright 

Interesting Ebs,

I haven't seen that before in the mesh and I wonder if it's terracing in the data.

can you install this on a storage HDD and just point the scenery library to the folder? or does it have to be in the FSX or P3D folder?

Hi,

The folders can be located anywhere.

I haven't seen that before in the mesh and I wonder if it's terracing in the data.

You got me interested there so I fired up the sim again and noticed FSUIPC had autosaved where I made the screenshot, I wouldn't have been able to find it otherwise!

in the sim map...

Latitude
N43° 33.57'

Longitude
E16° 31.63'

Alt
+1194

Heading

I had a quick look at it in Google Maps and saw the mountain to the south east with cool looking ridges on it. So, I do think that FreeMesh X is doing it properly here!
I took another shot and one from the opposite direction....sometimes Prepar3D is jaw dropping!

OQHgfAI.jpg

6qVrrw6.jpg

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter