Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Interesting Ebs,

I haven't seen that before in the mesh and I wonder if it's terracing in the data.

I'm seeing this "feature" in your mesh all around. I'ts very noticable because it looks like stripes, every "step" uses different texture. Sometimes it looks very cool, like some sort of crops, sometimes it looks awkward. I will post the screenshots later.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I'm seeing this "feature" in your mesh all around. I'ts very noticable because it looks like stripes, every "step" uses different texture. Sometimes it looks very cool, like some sort of crops, sometimes it looks awkward. I will post the screenshots later.

Interesting, the area around Split, Croatia that Ebs was flying by certainly seems to have terracing, but the conditions for terracing are usually due to limited fractional bit values at high resolutions. At the current FractionalBit value, the minimum difference in elevation between two values are 1.0 m.

If a high LOD mesh is used, such as 10-m, a mountain might need a finer difference than just 1.0 m. For example, real world values between neighboring elevation points could be 2251.24 m, 2251.50 m, and 2251.75m. Here, a minimum difference of 1.0 m would be insufficient, and the terrain will terrace.

But the terraces here are at elevation differences much greater than 1.0 m, so it shouldn't be a compilation issue. Hm....maybe it's in the original source data from NASA! It'll be hard to pick out because the stripes look to be only a pixel (38-m) wide.

There are other terraces within this tile. Yet, I don't find any outside of it. Hm, I may have to recompile and experiment with this one. Let me know if you find others.

Edit: Going around testing, and it seems to be occurring near the Adriatic, Italy, and some of the Balkans. That region is having issues. Definitely not normal! I'll have to find a solution to this area.

I am not having much luck with direct downloading. My connection is very fast but the downloads keep getting corrupted for the most part. Which torrent client is everyone using, never used one before.

I am not having much luck with direct downloading. My connection is very fast but the downloads keep getting corrupted for the most part. Which torrent client is everyone using, never used one before.

If your using direct link Ric, you need to use a download manager like "Internet Download Manager" <google>

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I am having the same problem-I use Internet Download Mgr 

I says it is downloading 4.65 gb and 1.95 gb  for the America downloads

When it is complete is says it is only 32  Kb for both ....

I downloaded Europe an Oceania with no problem

What am I doing wrong?

Rick

Ok folks,

I figured out why there are some terracing-like problems near the Adriatic. From N30 - N41 to E016-E020, there are some major artifacts from what is believed to be an issue from mosaicing a few tiles. Unfortunately, this affects much of Italy and some of the Balkan countries. This affects the FreeMeshX - Europe package.

A patch will be issued within the next few days to remedy this. Sorry about this!

No need to apologise Daniel. You and your team making this free to your fellow simmers is more than enough, and much appreciated.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I am having the same problem-I use Internet Download Mgr 

I says it is downloading 4.65 gb and 1.95 gb  for the America downloads

When it is complete is says it is only 32  Kb for both ....

I downloaded Europe an Oceania with no problem

What am I doing wrong?

Rick

Not sure. I just tested North America and they downloaded and extracted without errors.

However, I'm not sure why MediaFire is asking for captchas. I've paid for a professional account, and those links should be exempt.

When it is done downloading do I use 7-Zip?

Yes, if you are using the direct links.

When it is done downloading do I use 7-Zip?

Make you sure only extract the first part of the multiple part regions. The rest of the region will extract automatically into one folder.

Ok, im convinced enough by the screenshots that this is worth downloading, AND seeding.

I will mention i AM a Google Fiber customer, and my connection sometimes catches on fire because of friction from high speed :P

Ill seed all the regions overnights for a few days, get em while i remember to do this.

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

A patch will be issued within the next few days to remedy this. Sorry about this!

Wow.

You guys are scary good. Thanks for the HU.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Just use the torrent to download the packages guys, it's just so much better.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."