Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

france89, if you are using a french domain, France is not so rigid as other countries.

I have since spoken to our broadband provider and provided details. They have confirmed that it is a block site.

Nope, Italy. Either way i am using Google DNS. Which would probably go around the block from your ISP in this regard.

Aviator, i guess you can upload them on Mega as well.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

france89, it is the torrents that I am referring to that have been blocked.

Interesting you mention Google DNS, but the EU demanded Google to take it down within the EU. As The EU publishes all its information in the languages that are used within its Member States, I am sure that there is a text for you to read and understand, including that of illegal downloads via Torrents.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I'm in the UK using Virgin Media fibre and the MediaFire Torrent links DL for me no problem.

Brilliant idea, please do this!

I have to admit to being a little embarrassed for bring so impressed with what was essentially a bug...but now I know how Carenado customers feel! ;)

Well, it seems FSX still wants to choose the erroneous mesh over the patched mesh...no matter the priority. *Throws hands in the air*. Now how am I going to do set this up? The original tiles are going to be have to be replaced with the patched ones.

That's fine and dandy except for those who are seeding directly from their FreeMeshX installation (like myself). The hash-checking built within bitTorrent won't allow for different files to be seeded, at least I don't think they will. In fact, it might redownload the older erroneous ones and overwrite the corrected ones. How do I get around this one?!

Option 1) For seeders: Create a new torrent. The torrent will see that most of the files are there already, if people point the torrent to their old FreeMeshX - Europe download. And then it will download the corrected tiles?

Option 2) For direct downloaders. Easy solution. Release a download just containing the patched files. Have people drop them into their FreeMeshX - Europe folders. Also include a .torrent file, so that seeders can aslo directly download the patch, and then seed the corrected mesh?

I'm in the UK using Virgin Media fibre and the MediaFire Torrent links DL for me no problem.

Interesting. It seems to differ from ISP to other.

Have now downloaded via HTTP. Will test it later.

As for Torrents, I am sure legitimate users and not just the flightsim community are becoming aware of the way that pirates use Torrents.

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Have now downloaded via HTTP. Will test it later.

As for Torrents, I am sure legitimate users and not just the flightsim community are becoming aware of the way that pirates use Torrents.

Pirates have used torrents for 10+ years, Usenet since forever ago, direct downloads since forever ago, and IRC since forever ago. I think most people are aware that pirates use all means to steal.

Pirates are also eating bread for example. Still, bread has not been banned because of that.

SCNR

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

france89, it is the torrents that I am referring to that have been blocked.

Interesting you mention Google DNS, but the EU demanded Google to take it down within the EU. As The EU publishes all its information in the languages that are used within its Member States, I am sure that there is a text for you to read and understand, including that of illegal downloads via Torrents.

No, you said it's the site where the .torrent file is hosted on that is blocked. That is different.

I also found no info about google DNS being blocked in Europe, care to give me a link to such a news?

Also the torrent technology can be used for good and bad things, doesn't make me being illegal by doing that. That is plain silly. Some games use peer 2 peer in their own launchers even to distribute content, comes to mind World of Tanks and War Thunder.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Pirates are also eating bread for example. Still, bread has not been banned because of that.

SCNR

But what about the baker?

ZORAN

Option 2) For direct downloaders. Easy solution. Release a download just containing the patched files.

I'd much prefer this solution, even better if you started a torrent with the same patch as well (I don't use my FreeMeshX installation for seeding).

I really don't get the fuss about torrents - lots of software updates happen via torrents nowadays (and users don't even know), it's clever technology and all that.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Incidentally, The OP asks that we use Torrents. Having tried to use one of the hyper links, in this case for the Europe Mesh, this is the where the link is directed to:

http://www.ukispcourtorders.co.uk/. Now, I would treat this as serious, because Torrents have long been associated with pirating  and I am sure that AVSIM would want to know more before associating a review with piracy.

You do have the alternative of using HTTP, etc. 

Please read the AVSIM Terms of Service (one link under the Forums Tab above).  Torrents are okay as long as they do not link to a torrent involved in piracy.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'd much prefer this solution, even better if you started a torrent with the same patch as well (I don't use my FreeMeshX installation for seeding).

I hope that's the case for most people. It'll make patching easier. If people are though, it's an easy situation to change, but it's not always obvious on exactly how.

All I can say is THANK YOU!  The FS community has always amazed me with the quality of the freeware.

North America torrent running now. :-)

One question....Hawaii....is it covered in any of your downloads or is P3D's Hawaii mesh already high quality? 

FaxCap

Jim, the point that is being made is that the link was blocked and the page to the UK Courts was there in its place. This is an Internet provider doing this - no more and no less. There is NO inference that the OP was providing illegal content - unless he/she knows otherwise.

Elsewhere, as far as the motivation by the EU or other authorities as to what they deem as unwarranted practices by, for example, Google, then do what my office has to do to, for which we charge fees for, and that is search for the content. We are all deemed to know the law and there is no excuse for saying "I didn't know", as it is easier to find content now, than what it was 25 years ago.

Martin Parr

Hi folks,

Old fellow needs some help.

but when I extract, the message box says it cannot be extracted....

What do I need to do to access these two folders.

Thanks,

Tom

Thank you.

Tom