Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Nice patch, the mountain range WNW of Split has no longer been strip mined by giants. :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Is anyone able to test the integrity of Asia file 1? I have all of the other meshes downloaded except for this one that keeps saying "unspecified error" and of course I need it to open the other 3

ZORAN

Having downloaded the mesh regions last night, this morning and afternoon i found time to take a look at these in FSXSE. Was absolutely impressed with how much better the world looks with these installed. Just for an example, flew around Rio de Janeiro, the mountains surrounding that city were spectacular!

Having Orbx FSX Global and Vector installed, i really don't see a reason now to install the Orbx NA regions, thereby saving space on my SSD for other things.

Great work to the OP! This is now on my "Must install" list for FSX.

Ill continue to seed these.

This mesh doesn't impact on NA - only Canada at this time.

Is anyone able to test the integrity of Asia file 1? I have all of the other meshes downloaded except for this one that keeps saying "unspecified error" and of course I need it to open the other 3

Just downloaded it, and it extracted fine. I recommend using a download manager, such as DownloadThemAll inside Firefox. These managers ensure you are downloading at the fastest speed and seems to prevent file corruption as well.

Im actually having trouble with quite a few files and using flashget however Ive just discovered how to Torrent so will redo them and that way I can help with the seeding as well :-)

ZORAN

Re the duplicates (didn't see any mention of them again, sorry if it's old news!), specifically the one that has two sizes:

Europe: N70E020.bgl 15611 KB
Asia: N70E020.bgl 4013 KB

Which one is the right one? :wink:

Re the duplicates (didn't see any mention of them again, sorry if it's old news!), specifically the one that has two sizes:

Europe: N70E020.bgl 15611 KB

Asia: N70E020.bgl 4013 KB

Which one is the right one? :wink:

Oh you found them! I was digging around searching for the duplicates. The Asia version is redundant. Use the Europe version. For everyone else, the Europe version is LOD10, while the Asian version of that tile is only LOD9, so the higher res LOD10 version is loaded automatically.

Daniel, with regards to the patch, I have already added the original FreeMeshX Europe to my scenery library. Rather than creating and adding a patches folder to the library, can I just overwrite the original .bgl files with the new ones in the patch?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Daniel, with regards to the patch, I have already added the original FreeMeshX Europe to my scenery library. Rather than creating and adding a patches folder to the library, can I just overwrite the original .bgl files with the new ones in the patch?

This is fine as long as you are not seeding directly from your FreeMeshX scenery library.

Oh you found them! I was digging around searching for the duplicates. The Asia version is redundant. Use the Europe version. For everyone else, the Europe version is LOD10, while the Asian version of that tile is only LOD9, so the higher res LOD10 version is loaded automatically.

I changed my FS scenery configurations so I have separate scenery entries for each package like the designer intended, I'll just leave things as they are then, thank you for the quick reply Daniel. :smile:

A well respected member of the Reddit/r/flightsim community shared with me this comparison of FTX Global 2010 and FreeMeshX around Caracas (Venezuela).

FTX Global 2010 (based off 90-m SRTM2):

v7KEaD1.png

FreeMeshX (based off 30-m SRTM3)

nlUW2Uj.png

This is the first time I've seen them compared directly.

Well done, a good job! Thank's. :rolleyes:

But what is this? (Border Germany-Poland)

cmm3oatq.jpg

Is it possible to patch this?

With best regards

Rainer

Please confirm:

North America, Parts 001 & 002 ONLY cover Canada "at this time".

Thanks folks,

Tom