Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

I downloaded the South/Central America mesh yesterday.  Impressive and a great big thanks!

Chris Sunseri

Had some time to fly around in different parts of the world now in FSXSE, and i have to say that this is hands down the best freeware addon in years for this sim. It makes such a difference in so many places. Thank you for all your work in making this available and even more so for the timely patches that have occurred. This has extended my FSX life even more now. And once i get a decent enough rig for P3d, It will enhance that sim also. 

Thank you again from this grateful simflyer!

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

Thank you Daniel and David for your immense work and effort that have gone into this huge project and offereing for free.

Yesterday I took the Zlin 142 (another freeware jewel) for the very popular coffee trip from LOWK, Klagenfurt to LJPZ, Portoroz and then back via LJBL, Bled and all the time the Karawanken ridge separating Carinthia and Slovenia looked amazingly real.

Another favourite trip of mine is from LOWK via the VFR corridor through the Kanaltal to the upper adriatic region. With your mesh and staying low and slow it is really breathtaking.

Thanks again and best regards from LOWG,

Werner

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

At the request of the community, a FreeMeshX support subforum has been added to the freeware support section in AVSIM. Thank you AVSIM!

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/737-freemeshx-global-support-forum/

The original release announcement, patch notes, and an installation tutorial has been added to the subforum. Please feel free to ask for support, report bugs, or ask any general questions. Please also feel free to continue any discussion in this thread as well, as I'll be updating it with news of upcoming patches as well.

I'll repost the last patch announcement below, then remark it as "Best Answer" so it doesn't get lost in the fray.

Patch 1.03 released!

Thank you for seeding everyone! Bandwidth is such a large expense for a project of this magnitude, so thank you for embracing the bit Torrent option. It was designed to facilitate the movement of large datasets like FreeMeshX, so thank you for taking advantage of it and donating some of your bandwidth in return.

Patch 1.03 is not cumulative!! You will need 1.01 and 1.02 below.

Patch 1.01: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467933-freemesh-x-global-10-release-announcement/page-13#entry3233580

Patch 1.02: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467933-freemesh-x-global-10-release-announcement/page-16#entry3234656

Patch Description

This patch replaces the remaining faulty tile mosaics in Western Asia and Eastern Europe, and fixes source data artifacts in remote areas -- Fiji, Papau New Guineau, Himalayas, and New Zealand fjords. This is a rather major patch (3.3 GB), and affects several FreeMeshX regions - Asia, Europe, and Oceania, hence its large size.

A number of issues are fixed. The most apparent are seam issues between neighboring tiles and stair-step artifacts in Eastern Europe and Western Asia. These artifacts simply occur because of faulty mosaics of LOD10 tiles that are mixed with resampled LOD9 data. The mosaic program has had issues with this, and the fix is relatively simple and straightforward. This patch replaces the remaining mosaics that mixes LOD10 and resampled LOD9 data, and makes up the bulk of this patch.

Some data holes, pits, and spikes were present in the source data. This patch removes these artifacts, greatly cleaning up the affected regions (Fiji, Papau New Guineau, Himalayas, and New Zealand fjords). Other such artifacts are probably still present in FreeMeshX, and we'll work to quell them when we find them.

Installation
Inside the FreeMeshX - 1.03 Patch folder you will find the FreeMeshX - Patches folder.

The FreeMeshX - Patches folder will be the future folder for all corrected terrain tiles. This folder needs to be added to the scenery library with a higher priority over all FreeMeshX regions. In other words, the terrain files in this folder will be loaded last to correct any faulty tiles in the 1.0 release.

For disk storage conscious users, an alternative method is to replace the older tiles with the patched versions. This should not create any problems; however, if you are seeding, please the special note below.

Special note to seeders: If you are seeding your FreeMeshX installation directly, please do not overwrite the old tiles with the corrected versions. The torrent will not like that, and will reject your seed. Add the patch files into their own library entry, e.g. FreeMeshX - Patches, and then prioritize it over all FreeMeshX regions.

List of replacement tiles by region.

• Europe : N40E020, N50E30
  • Asia      : N40E070, N40E080, N50E030, N50E040, N050E50, N50E060, N50E070, N50E080
  • Oceania: S10E130,S10E140 (Papau New Guineau)

Area patches (smaller in size). These must go in the FreeMeshX - Patches folder:

• a_fiji_01 - a_fiji_05
  • a_himalayas_01 - a_himalayas_02
  • a_k2_01
  • a_newzealand_01 - a_newzealand_02

Hypothetical relative scenery library order:
1 FreeMeshX - Patches
2 FreeMeshX - Africa
3 FreeMeshX - Antarctica
4 FreeMeshX - Asia
5 FreeMeshX - Australia and Oceania
6 FreeMeshX - Europe
7 FreeMeshX - North America
8 FreeMeshX - South and Central America

Of course, your real load order will be different, but you must keep the FreeMeshX - Patches library entry above the FreeMeshX regions.

I've been frequently asked on where to add these in the scenery library. The answer is: It's up to you. I would keep them before any ORBX regions and after your stock scenery. That's about all the advice we can give you since everyone's library is so different.

Download (491 MB)

Torrent

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8zk3417i5arcwgg

MediaFire Direct Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tv8g7kr7rhqfbbk

Instructions for Multiple-Part MediaFire Downloads

For HTML downloads, it is safer to divide the downloads into smaller segments to prevent corruption during download. For FreeMeshX, the max size for any file is 4.38 GB which the capacity of a single layer DVD. It seems some people are confused in the original instructions on how to extract all the parts correctly. It is much simpler than you think.

For example, let's take Asia as an example. It is 13.3 GB, so it is divided into 4 files.

AmxcoP5.jpg

All four volumes are part of one package. To extract, all you have to do (with 7-Zip) is extract the .001 file. By doing so, all the volumes extract seamlessly automatically. You CANNOT extract the other .002, .003, .004 volumes. Only extract the .001 volume.

To illustrate, let's look at the 7ZIP File Manager as we open the .001 file. Notice, how the size of the folder is 14 323 168 371 bytes (or 13.3 GB). That is the sum of all four parts.

XyXowtp.jpg

All you have to do now is just extract once.

7rWAujx.jpg

Once it finishes, you are done. It really is that simple.

License: You may use and share this work, as long as original credit is given to the authors: Daniel Moser and David Esnouf. No commercialization of this work or derivative works is allowed.
Full license here: http://creativecommo...d/4.0/legalcode

Thank you once again. Enjoy.

43HIdH2.png

-- Nine-Two Productions

With respect to adding 3rd party mesh to FSX. Think of mesh as the base to which everything sits upon. The 3rd party mesh should be listed above the FSX default mesh but below other added items in the scenery add on list such as UTX, 3rd party airports, 3rd party planes etc...

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

There is no default FSX mesh listed in the scenery library. In fact, if any mesh is installed in the correct location within FSX it never needs to be listed in the library as the highest resolution mesh is always used.

There is no default FSX mesh listed in the scenery library. In fact, if any mesh is installed in the correct location within FSX it never needs to be listed in the library as the highest resolution mesh is always used.

Incorrect. For FS Global 2010 users they must be in order in the scenery library.

Read:

http://www.fsglobal2010.com/fsglobal2010/indexA.htm

http://www.fsglobal2010.com/fsglobal2010/pics/scenlibFSX10.jpg

Quote from Pilots site...

If you install in FSX, PLEASE READ ON!

Now, please move all layers down, until they reach the default scenery layer "1107 Basic". After that your scenery library should look like this. Make sure, that in FS X "Local Meshes" must be the TOP layer within the FS Global 2010 layers.

Now you are done.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

ncorrect. For FS Global 2010 users they must be in order in the scenery library.

Incorrect.

Because FS Global also has files installed outside of FSX. That is why you need to add it to the Scenery Library.

Incorrect.

Because FS Global also has files installed outside of FSX. That is why you need to add it to the Scenery Library.

Correct.

Fixed it for you.

Just to add...It's also incorrect to insinuate that mesh be installed in the/a correct location. It can be installed within or outside of FSX depending on how the developer wishes. The installer for FS Global 2010 (by default) installs to a folder outside of FSX. Either way according to Pilots they must be in the order presented on their site.

If it is installed into FSX, no Scenery Library entries need to be made, just as with the default FS mesh.

If it is installed outside of FSX, then Scenery Library entries need to be made.

UDIDWT...Jim is 100% correct. FS Genisis for example can be installed into fsx via an installer, with no scenery config entries, unless you change it to sit outside fsx.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

UDIDWT...Jim is 100% correct. FS Genisis for example can be installed into fsx via an installer, with no scenery config entries, unless you change it to sit outside fsx.

The installer for FS Global 2010 installs to a folder outside of FSX (default). Given that... it has to be added to the scenery library and in a SPECIFIC order. Either way according to Pilots support it has to be in a specific order according to their site default install or not. I've confirmed this with them on more than 1 occasion.

FS Genisis is also from a different vendor than FS Global 2010. It's installer is installing the mesh a particular way, different from FS Global 2010.

As for mesh it can still be thought of and/or viewed as the 'Base foundation' for which everything sits upon. Regardless of whether it's listed in the scenery library or not.

If it is installed into FSX, no Scenery Library entries need to be made, just as with the default FS mesh.

If it is installed outside of FSX, then Scenery Library entries need to be made.

Quote...

"Because FS Global also has files installed outside of FSX."

So your saying it installs both within FSX and outside as well during install? You can see how one unfamiliar with FSX can be easily confused by the wording of your statement.

Just stop right now.

Mesh installed inside of FSX, in the proper location, no matter the source, will be automatically used by FSX. Yes, this includes FSG mesh, Global Mesh, Global Extreme Mesh, free mesh, FreeMeshX, or any of the other mesh files that are out there.

Mesh installed outside of FSX needs to be added to the Scenery Library.

I hope everyone will go to the new FreeMeshX Global Forum located in our Freeware Forum and continue your discussions there about this product. This topic is getting a bit long and difficult for many to follow much longer. Questions asked earlier may be duplicated as it is difficult to see whether a topic was discussed 20 pages ago.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10