Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Put the scenery folder in the Patches folder, and overwrite.

BTW, 1.01-1.04 is deprecated. Use the 1.05 cumulative patch. It contains all previous patches.

Put the scenery folder in the Patches folder, and overwrite.

BTW, 1.01-1.04 is deprecated. Use the 1.05 cumulative patch. It contains all previous patches.

Got it thank you...Off to go see what it looks like...

Hello, Daniel,

Just a note of thanks for what you have given us. Your mesh has beautifully transformed my scenery such that I don't want to pull away from the sim to get any "real" work done. Every area flown into is made so much better! What a great early Christmas gift!

So far, there haven't been any areas showing irregularities. Just a great view!

I certainly do appreciate the work you have put into FreeMeshX and for your great contribution to the Simming Community.

Sincerely,

Jim

Oh thanks Jim! There are some areas that still need work, but hopefully we can improve upon those soon. Merry Christmas!

Got it thank you...Off to go see what it looks like...

Great!

From scratch, Do I need to install first the patch 1.00 , then 1.05 or?

I see that 1.0 is much larger and there is file for North America, but 1.05 is a lot smaller and no file for the NA.

From scratch, Do I need to install first the patch 1.00 , then 1.05 or?

I see that 1.0 is much larger and there is file for North America, but 1.05 is a lot smaller and no file for the NA.

1.0 is the release. It's not a patch.

1.05 patch won't be needed if you're just going for NA.

Thanks a lot! A truly stunning freeware offering, and thanks for not creating a complicated EULA which so many freeware folks seem to be doing for some incomprehensible reason. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Thanks a lot! A truly stunning freeware offering, and thanks for not creating a complicated EULA which so many freeware folks seem to be doing for some incomprehensible reason. 

Much appreciated, Simmerhead!

Any new progress on LOD12 FreeMeshX - USA ?

Airport plateaus caused by the flat airports in P3D and FSX has thrown me a curveball. Some airports just look pretty bad when one end sits on a plateau and the other end sits in a pit. Grrrr...., I wish Lockheed Martin would have least made terrain following airports over the past five years, but nope. It works the exact same way as FSX.

So I'm working on ways to blend in the default airports with the new terrain without having to go in and do all it by hand. Doing it by hand would take -- a decade.

I have a start on the solution, but it'll take some time.

Should I be running Airport Elevation Correction from FTX Vector tool if I'm using only ORBX base, Vector and OpenCL with FreeMesh X ?

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Should I be running Airport Elevation Correction from FTX Vector tool if I'm using only ORBX base, Vector and OpenCL with FreeMesh X ?

That's what I do, but I disable corrections for U.S. airports.

That's what I do, but I disable corrections for U.S. airports.

Thx. I'll give it a go today. One last question I have is does it need to be loaded before ORBX Vector, or is it OK to load it afterwards and before the ORBX terrains?

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Loaded after FTX Vector is just fine. If you have FTX regions, you can load FreeMeshX before them, and keep the FTX regions at a higher priority.

Whats the vas like using this? is it explosive or no effect? i'm really curious

Thanks

Wayne George

Loaded after FTX Vector is just fine. If you have FTX regions, you can load FreeMeshX before them, and keep the FTX regions at a higher priority.

Thx. After reinstalling FSX to my new SSD I gave this a try. I must add that it looks great. Thank you for this magnificent gift.

Regards

Whats the vas like using this? is it explosive or no effect? i'm really curious

Thanks

Wayne George

I was monitoring FSX using process explorer and didn't noticed any increased vas usage.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080