Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Will this work in FS9?

AFAIK, no it can't. I think they use a different digital terrain model in FS9.

...Thanks Daniel for the link.

You're welcome.

Help! :-)

I have downloaded the 2 files for Africa as found in the links on the very 1st page of this thread:

FreeMeshX - Africa.7z.001

FreeMeshX- Africa.7z.002

I am not using the "torrent" option because I have no idea what this is. Files both downloaded OK from what I can see. Also installed Zip-7 as instructed.

Downloaded files have the names:

FreeMeshX - Africa.torrent with size 4 587 520 KB

FreemeshX- Africa.7z.002 with size 4 587 079 KM

If I right click the .001 file and extract using Zip-7, it does so, creates a folder FreeMeshX - Africa.torrent and inside is a single file FreeMeshX-Africa.torrent , of exactly the same size as the downloaded file. It does nothing with the second download file.

If I try to extract the second file (as per instruction this should not be required) Zip-7 says "Can not open file as archive".

Something I am doing wrong? Or is my download corrupt? I did use a licensed copy of GetRight Download Manager

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Help! :-)

I have downloaded the 2 files for Africa as found in the links on the very 1st page of this thread:

FreeMeshX - Africa.7z.001

FreeMeshX- Africa.7z.002

I am not using the "torrent" option because I have no idea what this is. Files both downloaded OK from what I can see. Also installed Zip-7 as instructed.

Downloaded files have the names:

FreeMeshX - Africa.torrent with size 4 587 520 KB

FreemeshX- Africa.7z.002 with size 4 587 079 KM

If I right click the .001 file and extract using Zip-7, it does so, creates a folder FreeMeshX - Africa.torrent and inside is a single file FreeMeshX-Africa.torrent , of exactly the same size as the downloaded file. It does nothing with the second download file.

If I try to extract the second file (as per instruction this should not be required) Zip-7 says "Can not open file as archive".

Something I am doing wrong? Or is my download corrupt? I did use a licensed copy of GetRight Download Manager

Thanks!

You did everything right when you extracted .001.

When both .001 and .002 files are in the same folder, you extract only the .001 file and then the .002 file will extract automatically and seamlessly as well. You can't extract the .002 file by itself.

Can this somehow be used in Xplane?

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Can this somehow be used in Xplane?

No, but the SRTM data is available for X-plane use. I believe the HD Mesh series for X-Plane uses SRTM.

I may be overlooking it but in the OP it states: This patch is non-cumulative. I recommend you install the cumulative patch 1.05 before you install 1.06. Many fixes and upgrades are included in 1.05. 

I cannot find a link (direct mediafire type link) to get 1.05?

Eric 

I may be overlooking it but in the OP it states: This patch is non-cumulative. I recommend you install the cumulative patch 1.05 before you install 1.06. Many fixes and upgrades are included in 1.05. 

I cannot find a link (direct mediafire type link) to get 1.05?

Just a few threads down!

http://www.avsim.com/topic/479408-patch-105-cumulative-mediterranean-and-middle-east-update/

Just want to say thank you so much for all this stuff. I am just returning to simming after a year break. I have P3D v3.2 and while not flying yet (way too many d/l of this stuff, Orbx, airports, etc... still going on) I am very grateful for your work. And your patches coming out to fix stuff is way quicker than payware houses. I am looking forward to the LOD 11/12 stuff for USA. Thanks again!!

Eric 

And your patches coming out to fix stuff is way quicker than payware houses.

Thanks,

I have more fixes to come, but I usually try releasing one every quarter. Too often, and it becomes a hassle for the end users. But patch 1.07 will be on its way soon enough.

Hi !

I'm making a new install of fsx and i don't have the old files, what did i need to download now ?

Every vanilla region, 1.05 and 1.06 ?

I do beleive that is correct yes. Patch 1.05 contains all previously released patches. Install that and then install patch 1.06.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I know this is an absurd request, but is there any chance you can just upload the Philippine terrain mesh? Being a Philippine resident myself, we have pretty slow internet, sitting at a promised 3 Mbps, which is around 375 KBps, but in actuality, just around 220 KBps. On top of that, my ISP has a daily data cap of 2 GB (which is blatant false advertising of their "unlimited internet") before they begin slowing it down to baby crawls.

...So if I were to download the Asia pack, which is sitting at 13.3 GB, it would take me around 6 days and a few  hours to download it. Again, I know it's an absurd request, but if you do hear me out, I'd appreciate it a lot, if not, that's also OK :smile:

Best regards,

Kensta

@Daniel Moser

here some new shots of the Eastern Alps. all look awesome.

6dbrrqne.jpg

2qsodgfm.jpg

gevlh39k.jpg

dkrin5nw.jpg

nrtynh4s.jpg

uaep73ty.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great shots, ewi65.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB