Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

It seems this should be a Vector issue, has any one brought up the issue on the Orbx forum?

blaustern

I have it too and everything seems ok here.

Except of course that, now already famous, "giant swimming pool". But that's not biggie.

It looks like something with some vector, mesh or landclass isn't ok, I agree on that part.

@AviatorMoser,

are you sure the order of the sceneries and landclasses are right ? You didn't "over mix" things up with a lot of testing and installing/reinstalling all those meshes ?

It looks like this error here:

2016-10-23_15-55-52-989.jpg

Also quite fubared.

Been out of the loop, what and where are the latest versions of Free Mesh. I believe i last installed 1.5 years ago..

Thanks, Bob

I have it too and everything seems ok here.

Except of course that, now already famous, "giant swimming pool". But that's not biggie.

It looks like something with some vector, mesh or landclass isn't ok, I agree on that part.

@AviatorMoser,

are you sure the order of the sceneries and landclasses are right ? You didn't "over mix" things up with a lot of testing and installing/reinstalling all those meshes ?

It looks like this error here:

2016-10-23_15-55-52-989.jpg

Also quite fubared.

Yeah, my order is correct -- Hmm. I have a feeling like others have stated that it's related to FTX Vectors. I'm sorry for being so slow to confirm that (RL is just be awful to me with my work responsibilities), but I can confirm the tsunami water is not FreeMeshX related.

@Gamer, I was wondering if you have done any unified LC lookup update from ORBX? I wonder if this may also be the cause.

What's unified lookup update ? :(

Sorry, maybe since english is not my native, I miss the point. Lookup is the word that escapes me the most. :)

But I'm far from being an expert in this field, I just... have it. ORBX I mean. Doesn't it self updates ? If so guess I have the latest. But anyway... I'm not sure the problem is in me, only you report this problem, I didn't see anyone else even one or two confirm they have ORBX too.

What's unified lookup update ? :sad:

Sorry, maybe since english is not my native, I miss the point. Lookup is the word that escapes me the most. :)

But I'm far from being an expert in this field, I just... have it. ORBX I mean. Doesn't it self updates ? If so guess I have the latest. But anyway... I'm not sure the problem is in me, only you report this problem, I didn't see anyone else even one or two confirm they have ORBX too.

No worries! Sorry for the confusion!

ORBX released an update that changed the lclookup.bgl file a few months ago. I remember some people having issues with it initially that caused weird terrain issues. I may be affected by that update, so I was wondering if you had it updated it or if you were still running the older version that gave no problems.

It looks you like you are fully up to date though, so that problem seems to be only on my end. Now how I do fix it, I wonder?

One thing I didn't get it... So you telling that this is the FIRST time you noticed FreeMesh X Global fubared things up ?

Apart from, here and there, some small mistakes like wrong lakes or airport elevations. 

If that's so... then I feel quite strange. How did I alone stumble on something like this ? Am I much bigger explorer that I thought I was ?  :ph34r: 

Yes, I like to search for new places but never thought I'll cross with something ...like this.

An idea, perhaps, to open a separate thread about it and ask fellow flyers to jump in and help. They could go to that location and look how does it look for them, with of course info about their scenery for that area, eg do they have ORBX LC and/or some other. :Thinking:

So you telling that this is the FIRST time you noticed FreeMesh X Global fubared things up ?

Oh no, I remember Italy and the Balkans in the 1.0 release! That was quite fubar'd ;). But that was quickly patched up a few days later :)

I would say these tsunami waves are not caused by FreeMeshX because I'm getting them in P3D and FSX without my mesh enabled. This error is something I haven't encountered, and I suspect, but haven't verified, that this may be a corrupt file caused by an FTX Vectors update or by the ORBX lclookup.bgl update they issued a few months ago.

I think you are correct though. I think I will ask some of my "testers" (more like explorers -- like you) to report what they see in this area. Because if it is FreeMeshX related, then I need to get to the bottom of it.

I tried to match up my shot as good as possible with gamer19's.

This is from P3D, only add-ons used are FreeMeshX and ORBX Global Base (no ORBX Vector/LC!):

FMX_thing_zpsrr72ru58.jpg

No lake! It looks about the same in FSX with the same add-ons.

• Upvote 1

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Thanks Penz. Makes me feel better that others aren't getting the tsunami waves, and it's just me. I may have to do a full Vector reinstall. Something got corrupted.

As I suspected it, was the corruped unified lclookup. So I forced a remigration of it in FTX Central,

OmzynYP.png

And no more tsunami waves!

vV3xEKV.jpg

I can now see what you mean about the giant swimming pool.

With FMX enabled,

LpmBqbf.jpg

Without the mesh,

MikGw9e.jpg

Lake does seem a bit too wide, and in FreeMeshX, the hill does seem removed nearly all together. I wonder I can correct this.

• Upvote 1

Great success! :)

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Well, that's great success indeed !  Glad you finally solve it Moser.

But amazingly swimming pool does looks better with vanilla version  :excl: :Hmmmph: 

Not by much but still... Now that was quite a surprise.

...I wonder I can correct this.

I bet we all do. :smile:

When I get home I will see what i can do with ADE and let you know.  Is there an airport near this location?

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I'm afraid not.
It's quite remote area, there's not one even close.
But I believe you can find location thanks to my slew data on screenshot.
001.jpg

Good luck. emoji-additions-vogue-3_185333371499.jpg
:smile:

edit:
And, while you're there... :rolleyes:
There's a few of those spikes a further north of swimming pool area. Here's the exact location:
004.jpg

On 2/9/2017 at 4:00 PM, gamer19 said:

I'm afraid not.
It's quite remote area, there's not one even close.
But I believe you can find location thanks to my slew data on screenshot.
001.jpg

Good luck. emoji-additions-vogue-3_185333371499.jpg
:smile:

edit:
And, while you're there... :rolleyes:
There's a few of those spikes a further north of swimming pool area. Here's the exact location:
004.jpg

Whoops! Didn't see your edit until now. Yep, those are typical artifacts! That's what I get for not flying through that area! On the bug list!