Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Just stop right now.

Mesh installed inside of FSX, in the proper location, no matter the source, will be automatically used by FSX. Yes, this includes FSG mesh, Global Mesh, Global Extreme Mesh, free mesh, FreeMeshX, or any of the other mesh files that are out there.

Mesh installed outside of FSX needs to be added to the Scenery Library.

Stop what? You stated...."Because FS Global also has files installed outside of FSX." catch word: also

It appears based on that statement that you believe FS Global 2010 installs or installed to (2) locations during install. It does not.

Then you'll need to take that up with 'Pilots'. I merely passed on what was passed onto me via Fly2Pilots. Again there really is no 'proper' location to install mesh per say.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3296/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/RTX 4060ti/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

It appears based on that statement that you believe FS Global 2010 installs or installed to (2) locations during install.

You can ASSUME anything you want. I know where things are installed.

Pilot's directions are spot on.

Haven't assumed anything based on your previous statement. The following is from Pilots site...

No Scenery Layers installed in FS Scenery Library

Situation:     Setup has finished, but there are no FS Global 2010 Scenery Layers visible in FS Scenery Library.

see also "Error - Message at the end of the installation (FSX only)"

see also "Manual Installation in FSX"

Solution: Here comes a short description on how to create scenery library entries in FS2004. FS X is similar, the scenery library however can be accessed directly via the menu WORLD / SCENERY. If you are not familiar, you can read at any time  in your FS manual on how Scenery Library works and can be accessed.

Start FS2004.

If you are put into a flight immediately, press ESC. This brings up a selection screen, where you click END FLIGHT.

Now in any case you will be at the main selection screen.

Here click SETTINGS.

On the next window click SCENERY LIBRARY.

Now you see all scenery layer entries listed. The most top one is highlighted.

On the right menu click ADD AREA.

This brings up a normal Windows explorer-style file dialog.

Here browse to the drive, which you selected during FSGlobal 2010 installation. On that drive you will find a directory FSG2010 (FSGX2010 in FSX). Click on it. This opens the subdirectory listing. Here you will see listed the following directories:

AFR

ASI

ANT

EUR

NAM

OCE

CSA

LocalMeshes

Click on AFR. Now you see the directory SCENERY and the lines (directory and title) below are filled automatically. One contains the path (do not edit) and one contains the title. You can leave the title as is (it will then read just "AFR", but you will know it is FS Global 2010 Africa) or you edit the title line to something like "FS Global 2010 Africa".

Check the "Use this scenery directly" box and click OK.

You have to do this for every of the eight directories listed above .

If you install in FS 2004, your scenery library should look like this. In FS2004 "Local Meshes" must be the LOWEST layer in the set of FS Global 2010 layers. If so, you are done. Just restart your FS. This is VERY IMPORTANT to make the changes permanent!

If you install in FSX, PLEASE READ ON!

Now, please move all layers down, until they reach the default scenery layer "1107 Basic". After that your scenery library should look like this. Make sure, that in FS X "Local Meshes" must be the TOP layer within the FS Global 2010 layers.

Now you are done.

There are indeed spot on aren't they?

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3296/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/RTX 4060ti/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

The likely reason that FS Global 2010 requires this is that some parts of its mesh are of the same or lower quality as the default FSX ones. In that case one will want to make sure that when you have multiple meshes for the same area that the one with highest resolution is higher up in the FSX Scenery Library.

Hello everyone, new to the site, and have a quick question. Is this FreeMesh compatible with ORBX base/global etc? Thanks in advance

Hello everyone, new to the site, and have a quick question. Is this FreeMesh compatible with ORBX base/global etc? Thanks in advance

Yes.

Its totally compatible and makes a great combination.

Patch 1.04 is just around the corner. Probably next Friday at the latest.

Bulk of it is a workaround for an annoying FSX internal mesh rendering bug, a couple of tile replacements in east Africa, and a small fix for SE Asia.

Thanks for your patience and bug reports!

Thanks for the HU Daniel.

Your support is awesome.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Patch 1.04

We're nearly two months in since the 1.0 release of FreeMeshX Global. We are incredibly grateful by your gratitude and support. Seeders, thank you for continuing to seed FreeMeshX so that newcomers have the opportunity to download this large dataset in a timely manner. We do appreciate it!

Patch 1.04 is not cumulative!! You will need 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03.

Patch Description

This patch is mainly a workaround for an FSX mesh rendering bug, but also includes a few fixes for east Africa and Borneo.

Every 30 degrees of longitude (30,60,90,120,150) in the east hemisphere experiences a strange seam issue that is visible in the distance, but invisible when flying overhead. We've checked the source data and compiled tiles to see if there is missing data along these meridians, but there are none. Interestingly, the western hemisphere does not suffer from this bug. A workaround was found by making a patch that overwrote the data over each meridian. This seems to work, although it is rather brute force. A couple of tiles in east Africa were replaced to fix a few rift issues, and some source data spikes were repaired in Borneo.

Installation
Inside the FreeMeshX - 1.04 Patch folder you will find the FreeMeshX - Patches folder.

The FreeMeshX - Patches folder will be the future folder for all corrected terrain tiles. This folder needs to be added to the scenery library with a higher priority over all FreeMeshX regions. In other words, the terrain files in this folder will be loaded last to correct any faulty tiles in the 1.0 release.

For disk storage conscious users, an alternative method is to replace the older tiles with the patched versions. This should not create any problems; however, if you are seeding, please the special note below.

Special note to seeders: If you are seeding your FreeMeshX installation directly, please do not overwrite the old tiles with the corrected versions. The torrent will not like that, and will reject your seed. Add the patch files into their own library entry, e.g. FreeMeshX - Patches, and then prioritize it over all FreeMeshX regions.

List of replacement tiles by region.

• Africa : N10E030.bgl, N10E40.bgl

Area patches. These must go in the FreeMeshX - Patches folder, as they do not replace older tiles:

• a_borneo_01.bgl
  • a_E030_01.bgl,a_E030_02.bgl
  • a_E060_01.bgl,a_E060_02.bgl
  • a_E090_01.bgl,a_E090_02.bgl
  • a_E120_01.bgl,a_E120_02.bgl
  • a_E150_01.bgl,a_E150_02.bgl

Hypothetical relative scenery library order:

1 FreeMeshX - Patches
2 FreeMeshX - Africa
3 FreeMeshX - Antarctica
4 FreeMeshX - Asia
5 FreeMeshX - Australia and Oceania
6 FreeMeshX - Europe
7 FreeMeshX - North America
8 FreeMeshX - South and Central America

Of course, your real load order will be different, but you must keep the FreeMeshX - Patches library entry above the FreeMeshX regions.

I've been frequently asked on where to add these in the scenery library. The answer is: It's up to you. I would keep them before any ORBX regions and after your stock scenery. That's about all the advice we can give you since everyone's library is so different.

Download (1.4 GB)

Torrent

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ec4r21bxteqra4

MediaFire Direct Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tv8g7kr7rhqfbbk

License: You may use and share this work, as long as original credit is given to the authors: Daniel Moser and David Esnouf. No commercialization of this work or derivative works is allowed.
Full license here: http://creativecommo...d/4.0/legalcode

Support: http://forum.avsim.net/forum/737-freemeshx-global-support-forum/

Thank you once again. Enjoy.

-- Nine-Two Productions

GZs5WzT.png

Thanks a lot you guys! However, while unpacking the Asia files I got a CRC Checksum error on one file. Its N40E130.bgl. I'm not on Torrent and used MediaFire for the download. Even if it seems to be an area I'm non really keen to visite, even virtually, I'm think I should report it...

BTW, I did the download twice and a coincidence doesn't seem to be probable for the same embedded file.

Regards,
Axel

Thanks a lot you guys! However, while unpacking the Asia files I got a CRC Checksum error on one file. Its N40E130.bgl. I'm not on Torrent and used MediaFire for the download. Even if it seems to be an area I'm non really keen to visite, even virtually, I'm think I should report it...

BTW, I did the download twice and a coincidence doesn't seem to be probable for the same embedded file.

Hey Axel, thanks for reporting this. Can you evaluate your CRC checksum for that particular file? We have 63FFA088 for the N40E130.bgl.

Aviator, i noticed i get a flat Montecristo Island in the mediterranean, off the coast of Tuscany in Italy. Does it happen to you too?

http://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?language=it&pagename=Isola_di_Montecristo&params=42_20_N_10_19_E_type:isle

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Hey Axel, thanks for reporting this. Can you evaluate your CRC checksum for that particular file? We have 63FFA088 for the N40E130.bgl.

Daniel, that's the same I got reported from 7-Zip. When packing it as a single file I get 354CB90B. I'm not sure what state is shown here (does it show the packed or the unpacked CRC?).

EDIT: A dull question. I just checked a neighbouring file and the CRC had been the same. Obviously the N40E130.bgl is corrupted somehow.

Regards,
Axel

Aviator, i noticed i get a flat Montecristo Island in the mediterranean, off the coast of Tuscany in Italy. Does it happen to you too?

http://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?language=it&pagename=Isola_di_Montecristo&params=42_20_N_10_19_E_type:isle

I may have messed it up! Thanks for the heads up. We'll take a look and fix it.

Daniel, that's the same I got reported from 7-Zip. When packing it as a single file I get 354CB90B. I'm not sure what state is shown here (does it show the packed or the unpacked CRC?).

EDIT: A dull question. I just checked a neighbouring file and the CRC had been the same. Obviously the N40E130.bgl is corrupted somehow.

I'll look into it! Thanks! I haven't encountered an error where the archives unpack successfully with errors, but perhaps the newest versions of 7-ZIP are error-tolerant.