Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

I can't open it either

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

That's weird as I see it posted and I can open link form your post... it is N49 6.01 E20 0.6 a huge ditch on N-S direction.

This was fixed in a previous patch. Are you up to date to version 1.04?

I'll reupload and reinstall 1.04 patch however this is at E020 and patch was for every 30 deg of longitude: 030, 060 etc.

Maybe photobucket will work:

2015_7_24_20_24_5_173_zps6sereqqc.jpg

Right in 1.04, we fixed a seam issue that is a different from what you are seeing here.

This issue you are experiencing was fixed by a tile replacement in either 1.01 or 1.03 for that particular area. Remember, the patches are not cumulative, so you will need all of them.

Right in 1.04, we fixed a seam issue that is a different from what you are seeing here.

This issue you are experiencing was fixed by a tile replacement in either 1.01 or 1.03 for that particular area. Remember, the patches are not cumulative, so you will need all of them.

Just found this and looking forward to it. I managed to DL everything, but I can't find the other patches. Not sure why you did not post an easy link, but I would appreciate it now. Thanks.

Just found this and looking forward to it. I managed to DL everything, but I can't find the other patches. Not sure why you did not post an easy link, but I would appreciate it now. Thanks.

All patches are found in the support forum, which is linked at the bottom of the highlighted posts at the top of each page in the thread. I would revise the original release announcement if I could, but the edit function is only temporarily, and I can't bother to ask the mods to make changes to the original post anytime I want.

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/737-freemeshx-global-support-forum/

Inside the support forum, you will find the links to all patches, notes, the original announcement, and an installation tutorial.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/469369-freemeshx-patches/

I simply just forgot to mention the other patches were in the support forum in the recent patch announcement.

Any performance penalties??

How is compatibility with ORBX?

Alex 

It's LOD10, same as the stock U.S. mesh, so you shouldn't have issues with performance if you don't have any with the U.S. mesh.

It should be compatible with ORBX products. Some ORBX regions have their own mesh, but they will be automatically prioritized because of their higher LOD. If not, just manually prioritze them.

Currently downloading the North American mesh. Pretty much all of my current flying in Canada is in Orbx PNW region, which already has custom mesh, but I am starting to explore more with the new Open LC scenery. I do have a few questions about the mesh:

1. Looking through the patches, I did not see any files that pretain to NA. I'm assuming that version 1.0 should be fine for my application?

2. Is Alaska included? I'm assuming that the higher quality stock US mesh only included the continential 48.

3. I read that an even higher quality mesh for the lower 48 will be released "in the future" Any update on that?

4. I did read that you aren't taking donations, but I would really like to donate for this, beyond seeding the torrent. Quality on par with expensive payware with continued development deserves some of my money.

Thank you.

Currently downloading the North American mesh. Pretty much all of my current flying in Canada is in Orbx PNW region, which already has custom mesh, but I am starting to explore more with the new Open LC scenery. I do have a few questions about the mesh:

1. Looking through the patches, I did not see any files that pretain to NA. I'm assuming that version 1.0 should be fine for my application?

2. Is Alaska included? I'm assuming that the higher quality stock US mesh only included the continential 48.

3. I read that an even higher quality mesh for the lower 48 will be released "in the future" Any update on that?

4. I did read that you aren't taking donations, but I would really like to donate for this, beyond seeding the torrent. Quality on par with expensive payware with continued development deserves some of my money.

Thank you.

Hi Tburd01,

1. North America (Canada, Alaska, and Greenland) will be fine with just the 1.0 release.

2. Yes. But only as an LOD10 replacement (level of detail will be unchanged from stock but accuracy should be increased with the replacement Alaska mesh)

3. We're looking to get the FreeMeshX - USA mesh out by Christmas. That's our goal at least. It depends on how much free time I can devote! Could be earlier, but I hope Christmas at the latest. FreeMeshX - USA will include the lower 48 for sure. It is probable, but I haven't confirmed yet whether Alaska and Hawaii will be further improved.

4. I understand the desire to donate, but I have no system in place to accept donations. Perhaps, I will have something up and ready by Christmas.

First want to say thank you for taking on the project. Preparing to make a large Mesh Purchase saved me a lot of pennies better put Dollars. Please understand my knowledge is limited read thru the forums at my age get a bit confused. Tried to torrent could not figure out how too. Again my lack of knowledge. Have FSGenesis world installed. it is my understanding & please correct me if I am wrong. FSX will automatically load the best Mesh (sorry not technical)? Tried to watch the video on how to install when accessed the link shows not available. May be issue on my end? Should be able to install FS Genesis in its own scenery folder and enable or disable inside of the scenery library? Again I think FSX will automatically select the best Mesh for the area you are flying in?  

Did this please tell me if this is the correct procedure. FSX installed on D: Drive all add on scenery is installed to the E: Drive.

1. E: Drive/Addon Scenery/FreeMeshX-Asia/Scenery Inside the Scenery folder is 7 .bgl files.

The reason for installing this method if FSX "heaven for bid" breaks do not need to re install any scenery folders.

2. Layering the FreeMeshX in scenery library. Below all UTX, Land Class folders & above all standard FSX folders. Is this correct or should the Mesh be the first items listed in the Scenery Library Tree? 

3. Could use some help trying to figure out how to flatten this area around Chon Buri Code VTBT. Need a simple tool or if some one knows how would ask for a fixed bgl file "Please". One of the primary airports I fly out of. Yes the mountains are located off the end of the airport. The elevated water is a small stream runs into the Thai Sea to the south elevation is a bit lower than the airport. After installing the mesh did notice the mountains are a lot more realistic. Thank You. Sadly the stream is elevated as well. This is a FSX Oooops. Did try a flattening tool the when used the buildings at the airport and runway disappear.

Again apologize for the lack of knowledge and technical terms thank you for reading & responses.

Larry

First want to say thank you for taking on the project. Preparing to make a large Mesh Purchase saved me a lot of pennies better put Dollars. Please understand my knowledge is limited read thru the forums at my age get a bit confused. Tried to torrent could not figure out how too. Again my lack of knowledge. Have FSGenesis world installed. it is my understanding & please correct me if I am wrong. FSX will automatically load the best Mesh (sorry not technical)? Tried to watch the video on how to install when accessed the link shows not available. May be issue on my end? Should be able to install FS Genesis in its own scenery folder and enable or disable inside of the scenery library? Again I think FSX will automatically select the best Mesh for the area you are flying in?  

Did this please tell me if this is the correct procedure. FSX installed on D: Drive all add on scenery is installed to the E: Drive.

1. E: Drive/Addon Scenery/FreeMeshX-Asia/Scenery Inside the Scenery folder is 7 .bgl files.

The reason for installing this method if FSX "heaven for bid" breaks do not need to re install any scenery folders.

2. Layering the FreeMeshX in scenery library. Below all UTX, Land Class folders & above all standard FSX folders. Is this correct or should the Mesh be the first items listed in the Scenery Library Tree? 

3. Could use some help trying to figure out how to flatten this area around Chon Buri Code VTBT. Need a simple tool or if some one knows how would ask for a fixed bgl file "Please". One of the primary airports I fly out of. Yes the mountains are located off the end of the airport. The elevated water is a small stream runs into the Thai Sea to the south elevation is a bit lower than the airport. After installing the mesh did notice the mountains are a lot more realistic. Thank You. Sadly the stream is elevated as well. This is a FSX Oooops. Did try a flattening tool the when used the buildings at the airport and runway disappear.

Hi Larry,

FSX should choose the highest LOD mesh available automatically. If their are two meshes with the same LOD, then FSX will choose whichever mesh is prioritized her in the scenery library.

1. That should be fine. Sometimes, I've had reports where FreeMeshX had to be on the same drive or even in the FSX folder to work. I'm not sure why there is discrepancies, but it appears FMX is working for you just fine.

2. That looks correct to me.

3. The mesh around VTBT would have to be edited by hand which is quite laborious, and not one of my goals unfortunately. Is there an alternative AFCAD available that may reduce or extend the size of the airports "flatten" polygon area to lower that elevated river?

Hi Larry,

FSX should choose the highest LOD mesh available automatically. If their are two meshes with the same LOD, then FSX will choose whichever mesh is prioritized her in the scenery library.

1. That should be fine. Sometimes, I've had reports where FreeMeshX had to be on the same drive or even in the FSX folder to work. I'm not sure why there is discrepancies, but it appears FMX is working for you just fine.

2. That looks correct to me.

3. The mesh around VTBT would have to be edited by hand which is quite laborious, and not one of my goals unfortunately. Is there an alternative AFCAD available that may reduce or extend the size of the airports "flatten" polygon area to lower that elevated river?

Not that I am aware of searched the net from start to the end. There is a flattening tool available. I believe Ducky not sure if that is the correct name can be used it is quite and I quote you "laborious". Have the SDK installed. I will give it a try warning may  end up in a round room looking for the corners. Back up the folder just in case of Ooops. Sure there will be plenty.

That was my understanding concerning the LOD FSX will automatically select the correct Mesh. Try to keep scenery folders and Mesh on a separate hard drives and as yopu mentioned can be challenging with some Mesh.  

Appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to answer my questions.

Thank You

Larry.