AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

743 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i had to find and use a converter...im glad it worked and the mesh is great...but the write up did boast no extra steps needed!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rennman said:

i had to find and use a converter...im glad it worked and the mesh is great...but the write up did boast no extra steps needed!

A converter? You only need the 7-ZIP program which is specified in the writeup. May I ask which program you used?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a question. Been using FreemeshX in P3Dv3, and was goofing off flying up the Amazon River. It had the entire river in a pit. I had all my scenery settings maxed out, and I'm thinking this might have been the pit problem. If I recall correctly, think mesh was set at 1m. Should it have been 38m? I know the product wasn't made for P3D, but a lot of stuff works from FSX over there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, scrubuck said:

I've got a question. Been using FreemeshX in P3Dv3, and was goofing off flying up the Amazon River. It had the entire river in a pit. I had all my scenery settings maxed out, and I'm thinking this might have been the pit problem. If I recall correctly, think mesh was set at 1m. Should it have been 38m? I know the product wasn't made for P3D, but a lot of stuff works from FSX over there.

Good question scrubuck,

There could be a number of factors here at play, but I believe the major one is that you probably don't have updated vectors for the Amazon River. Updated vectors will adjust rivers, lakes, and ponds to align with the new mesh. Having a mesh is sort of half of the puzzle here -- with any mesh replacement you'll likely want some sort of vector solution as well e.g. FTX Vectors, and one of the reasons I highly recommend is that it plays VERY nicely with FreeMeshX. Unfortunately, that is a payware solution but I would argue it's worth it. If you do have FTX Vectors installed, then it might be a mesh resolution slider setting. I keep mine at 10 m or 5 m. Some weird effects can happen at the highest setting.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey Daniel.

long time to hear from you. hope you are doing well. congrats to FreeMeshX Global 2.0 and FreeMeshX USA Open Beta. I'm looking forward to installing and testing your new stuff.

best regards:

Ewald

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 3:06 PM, AviatorMoser said:

Good question scrubuck,

There could be a number of factors here at play, but I believe the major one is that you probably don't have updated vectors for the Amazon River. Updated vectors will adjust rivers, lakes, and ponds to align with the new mesh. Having a mesh is sort of half of the puzzle here -- with any mesh replacement you'll likely want some sort of vector solution as well e.g. FTX Vectors, and one of the reasons I highly recommend is that it plays VERY nicely with FreeMeshX. Unfortunately, that is a payware solution but I would argue it's worth it. If you do have FTX Vectors installed, then it might be a mesh resolution slider setting. I keep mine at 10 m or 5 m. Some weird effects can happen at the highest setting.

Hi Daniel,
   Have installed Antarctica and Oceania, presently uTorrenting down "Europe" :)
So far quite happy with first two. I'm hoping Scotland improves. I have Global, Vector, FTX England, and a fair bit of OzX and further FTX payware (North America). But not FTX Europe/Norway/etc, nor FTX Scotland/Wales/Ireland. PC is over 5 year's old. Asus P7P55D-e Pro i5 quad with 8gb ram and several HDs both internal & external. FSX is on an external via usb3 port. No SSD. Windows 7 Pro.
   Interesting your comment re FSX settings (oh I have FSX Accelerate). Mine are set too high I guess, as with online multisessioning with say five or six people I have both FSX & Plan-G taking turns (sort of) crashing. But multisession with a friend in Canada no problem (I'm Coffs Harbour NSW Australia). I have a river system and several minor PNG airstrips that either trench or plateau. A large river a hundred or so feet above the surrounding terrain is something to be reckoned with!. Using the FTX Central control panel to individually select how Vector addresses some Nepal locale airstrips helped those a little. So yes thankyou for that info.
   Thankyou for these Free-Mesh products and all the work put into them, they really do make the difference in several places. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now