Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Thank you and your team Daniel. Excellent work. If you ever want to take donations just let us know.

Ed

Started the downloads and will leave my PC to seed for the next couple of days.

Thanks for your good work :)

From EGFF to YSSY

create a folder called something like FreeMeshX America in the addon scenery folder to make it easier.

Place the scenery folder you downloaded into that new folder

Add the folder to the library in the fsx menu

done!

Can people help seed Asia? It's going to take me 3 days to d/l

Thank you for the response, off to give it a try!

Rick

One last question:

When you place the FreeMesh  scenery folders in the FSX scenery Library,does it matter where it is in relation to the other scenery folders?

Should they be the first entries in the scenery library?

Thanks again for the assistance

RIck

Thanks for the contribution. I will try it soon.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

One last question:

When you place the FreeMesh  scenery folders in the FSX scenery Library,does it matter where it is in relation to the other scenery folders?

Should they be the first entries in the scenery library?

Thanks again for the assistance

RIck

Um, it doesn't really matter in relation to scenery. FSX will use the highest LOD mesh enabled for a given location. I usually put it before my addon airports and scenery. Or right after all the stock scenery.

Thank you Daniel!

Amazing product you have and I thank you for your  contribution to the FSX Community!!

Rick Brown

Hi

Thanks for this wonderful piece of freeware.    I use FSGlobal 2008 at the moment and I have combined this with Freemesh Europe and I'm sure I have seen (subtle) improvements, although I appreciate Europe won't necessarily benefit as much as other areas.

I used Vuze bit torrent, and the download was amazingly fast.  Even the 13 Gb Asia file only took a couple of hours.  Thanks to all who are seeding, as I will over the next few days.

Pete

What an amazing project! Downloaded whole world yesterday and will seed for as long as I can. I'd be happy to donate to this project!

Good day

Can someone please tell me how I can put this mesh in the FSX?

many thanks

Marino

Good day

Can someone please tell me how I can put this mesh in the FSX ?

many thanks

Marino

The .torrent files download an entire folder, such as FreeMeshX - Africa. You just add the folder to your scenery library. This tutorial will teach you how to add scenery to your library. Load order for the mesh in the library isn't as important as other scenery. I normally place the mesh scenery library entry right before the rest of my addon sceneries.

http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/installing-scenery-fsx.html.

For the 7-Zip links, you have to download all the parts of a continent, and then extract the .7z or .001 file. All of the other parts for the continent will extract automatically. Then you add the folder to your scenery library.

I really need to make a manual! On my list of to-do things.

One thing that amazes me is how effectively man made structures have been eliminated from the data.

Clever people, those NASA lads and lasses! :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Hi Daniel, great work  but a quick question for you, I am working on a airport with a custom mesh, Yellowknife and when I install yours it puts down its version of the mesh, in the North American mesh you have provided which bgl is the yellowknife area if I want to remove it.

thanks

Shane

Am glad I didn't bother buying the FSG products. Thank you for this wonderful freeware mesh :drinks:

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg