Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Flight Ontario's Ontario LandClass v3.0

If you love flying in Ontario, using FS9...you really need to download this total LandClass product for the whole Province of Ontario...and be careful to read the instructions...and to set the layers in the proper order and placement within the Scenery Library.  I am running a custom mix of world terrain files...and thought it looked good in Ontario.  Well...not as good apparently, without my custom mix of world ground textures files being directed by this great and total LandClass product for Ontario!  Here are three photos of central Ontario, around Halliburton....simply wonderful!  It's hard to believe that this is generated by the FS9 graphics engine!

The product is on the Flight Ontario FS2004 download page, and is called Ontario LandClass v3.0  Be sure to READ all the instructions...and to delete any other prior LandClass from Flight Ontario, as those files are now redundant. This one product directs all world texture files across the whole province....and WOW!

-----------------------------------------------------------

LC3.png

LC236c95.png

LC1016ff.png

Here's another, just west of Toronto, coming in, on my recorded approach to Pearson 06L  This looks totally different to what I had just a half hour ago...then, it was a mish-mash of textures. This total LandClass cleaned everything right up...wow......

When ORBX's OpenLC N.A. finally lands for sale...I expect N.A. to be totally transformed for FSX and P3D. I now know simply, how important LandClass files are, to create world evirons.....they are critical.  My Flight Ontario: Province of Ontario LandClass v3.0 is sitting just above my UT Canada and Alaska file, and below Niagara Photo Real

LC4.png

Just landed at Pearson...and taxi to gate...past the Big Boys....then rest at the Sheraton...:)

busy.png

Been using it for quite some time ....... I don't quite find all of the superlatives that you seem to have in your vocabulary.

Been using it for quite some time ....... I don't quite find all of the superlatives that you seem to have in your vocabulary.

I guess it's what 'cha see, that counts.  It is night and day, without it driving the texture files, in my FS9  :rolleyes:

Do you have the files exactly placed as the readme file and PDF states they should be? I had their older landclass...but not in the recommended order...and what a difference to the whole depiction...when they are.

I guess it's what 'cha see, that counts.  It is night and day, without it driving the texture files, in my FS9  :rolleyes:

Do you have the files exactly placed as the readme file and PDF states they should be? I had their older landclass...but not in the recommended order...and what a difference to the whole depiction...when they are.

Landclass is just what it says.  Just puts cities where they need to be and other stuff where they need to be.  If you're really not closely familiar with the area ....... it just really doesn't cause "excitement" on a high level.  Just say'n.

Landclass is just what it says.  Just puts cities where they need to be and other stuff where they need to be.  If you're really not closely familiar with the area ....... it just really doesn't cause "excitement" on a high level.  Just say'n.

For me, it did, for I had tiles obviously where they should not have been, with my 'mix'.  Putting in the total province landclass completely changed the entire topographical 'look' of Ontario,...and now has quite believable terrain below, in any direction, E, W. S, or N.  This was an FS9 game changer.