Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

My new fictional airline (and first ever *bad!* repaint) - Air North East

So I was becomming a little bored with the sim (as happens occasionally) and decided that rather than just flying, it was time to get creative. :smile:  I've never so much as ever thought about doing a repaint so had a little play with some DDS files from the feelThere ERJ.    The result is a pretty awful repaint by most people's standards! ... but hey, it's a start.

I've also never been interested in the 'fictional' scene within the sim ...... whether that means fictional airlines or flying a NGX for an airline that only operates Airbuses.   So I decided to change that and set up my own regional airline, based out of my home airport EGNT (Newcastle, UK).   I've called it Air North East.  To bring in a bit of my Irishness  :lol: , Air North East will also have an aircraft based at Belfast City and at Cork (in addition to two aircraft based at Newcastle).

The route network will be :-

Newcastle - Belfast City

Newcastle - Cork

Newcastle - London City

Newcastle - Cambridge

Belfast City - London City

Belfast City - Manchester

Belfast City - Cork

Cork - Bristol

Cork - Manchester

Cork - Birmingham

Air North East will launch with these routes but are investigating routes between ROI / N.Ireland and Scotland, and from Newcastle to continental Europe.

The Air North East fleet consists of 4 x Embraer ERJ-135 aircraft, all of which were purchased directly from Luxair as a result of a fleet disposal of the -135's by the Luxembourg airline.

You can see one of Air North East's ERJ-135's at Gate 9 of Newcastle here (in a transitional livery), getting ready to depart for London City, on flight ANE22 (07:05) :-

112.jpg

212.jpg

312.jpg

thanks for indulging me in my fun today !   :smile:

You could have called it UKIP AIR!

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Nice.

nebojsa

If you have fscaptain you could set it up really nicely with a bit more structure

ZORAN

Very creative....love the locations!

HLJAMES

You could have called it UKIP AIR!

Definitely not !!!   :smile:

Thanks for the kind remarks guys.... Air North East is going great with a 82% seat fill rate!  :lol:

Currently having a break in the UK (Scotland), perhaps SNP Air! :P

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

perhaps SNP Air!

I fear that would be bad for Air North East's prospects too!  :lol: