Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

FreeMesh X (Freeware Worldwide Mesh upgrade) P3D/FSX

Hello all,

I've been following an interesting development over the last few months. A member of AVSIM, AviatorMoser has been working on a worldwide Mesh upgrade for both FSX and Prepar3D using elevation data from NASA. He has released this addon today.

He asked me if I could post it in the P3D General Forum for those folks that might have missed it in the FSX forum.

Follow the link to the FSX Forum for all the juicy details!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467933-freemesh-x-global-10-release-announcement/

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

That's amazing. Going to download this today, as I haven't yet purchased any mesh upgrades.

Some clever admin should lock this thread (which is a great initiative, thanks Neil!) to keep comments in the original announcement thread. ;)

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

What an incredible gift!… Just illustrative of the caliber of members we have here on AVSIM.

I'm just up in the air as to whether I should simply delete all my FS Genesis (I WAS/am Still? a member of the origin Master?/lifetime? /Whatchamacallit forever premium? Members)files and substitute these...any input?

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

What an incredible gift!… Just illustrative of the caliber of members we have here on AVSIM.

I'm just up in the air as to whether I should simply delete all my FS Genesis (I WAS/am Still? a member of the origin Master?/lifetime? /Whatchamacallit forever premium? Members)files and substitute these...any input?

Regards,

Chas

I'm pretty crazy about my meshes.  I own both FS Global 2010 and FSGenesis (I use FS Global 2010 right now).  In any event, don't delete what you're currently using.  Just disable the scenery entry and enable the new one and see how you like it, then you can decide to delete fully if you are or aren't happy with the new mesh.

You don't have to disable anything. FSX/P3D will use the best for the area. Read some of the OP posts earlier in his thread. This way if *A* is better than *B* in area one it will be used but if *B* is better than *A* in area 2 it will be used. Gets you the best of both.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You don't have to disable anything. FSX/P3D will use the best for the area. Read some of the OP posts earlier in his thread. This way if *A* is better than *B* in area one it will be used but if *B* is better than *A* in area 2 it will be used. Gets you the best of both.

Vic

yup on that Vic, but my problem is finding which one is actually active and which ones are better.... I am not above ditching payware for freeware if its actually better...but, I am running out of space on my SSD...

Perhaps I could use procmon to see which mesh is being utilized, but since Flight one's Themida is acting like malware on my machine to protect their GTN 750, I cant launch Process Monitor with  P3d without intervention by Flight one requiring a restart...OR UNINSTALLING the GTN750 just to diagnose problems with Prepar3d.

...dint mean to add a can of worms here....but...

thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

This is a great offer, but how to download it? The only result I get when attempting to download is a .torrent file. Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

This is good. But I have a problem, due to the slow Internet speed I don't want to download the whole region, hence I wanted to check Bombay - India which lies 18 N 72 East and I do not see this bgl . so I went and downloaded 20N70E , but I am not sure if this is correct, Kindly can someone help me out. 

The only result I get when attempting to download is a .torrent file.

You need to use a torrent client like utorrent  / qbitorrent etc..... 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

My FSGlobal Ultimate is 102 GB so I think I will stick to that mesh as it probably is more accurate. But for those who do not have a global mesh it seems to be a bargain as it is free.

Jack

Using utorrent, downloading as we speak. Thanks Zulfiqar

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

This is good. But I have a problem, due to the slow Internet speed I don't want to download the whole region, hence I wanted to check Bombay - India which lies 18 N 72 East and I do not see this bgl . so I went and downloaded 20N70E , but I am not sure if this is correct, Kindly can someone help me out

They are 10 x 10 deg tiles. The name of the file is based on the left corner of each tile. So N 18 E072 lies in the N10E070 tile. Hope that helps.

This is a great offer, but how to download it? The only result I get when attempting to download is a .torrent file. Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Hans

There are some direct download links post on page 4 and 5. I would throw them into the original announcement, but we can't edit posts that older than an hour or two.

Edit: Jim has really come through and added those direct download links into the OP. Thanks Jim!

Thank you very much, Daniel. I'll be heading over to mentioned pages to download the remainder of the files.

Very nice of you to offer these mesh files for free.

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

So N 18 E072 lies in the N10E070 tile

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

My FSGlobal Ultimate is 102 GB so I think I will stick to that mesh as it probably is more accurate. But for those who do not have a global mesh it seems to be a bargain as it is free.

Jack

LOL Jack - so bigger is better?  Seriously, if you read through the dev's post that is linked he outlines a bit about the LOD used in both products. n some areas FSG is more accurate and in some the new product is. Biggest question is if one has enough disk space to accommodate both. 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors