Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

FreeMesh X (Freeware Worldwide Mesh upgrade) P3D/FSX

Vic, they compare it with FSGlobal 2010 NOT FSGlobal Ultimate that I was referring to and that is a big difference. 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Just wondering,

I read in the P3D forums that 2.5 doesn't have the Addon-scenery folders. How many of you will create another folder outside LM/Prepar3D to install these Free Mesh?

You have to create the Addon Scenery folder or call it anything you like. Personally it's logical and keeps any scenery I care to add separates in an easy to find place.

You have to create the Addon Scenery folder or call it anything you like. Personally it's logical and keeps any scenery I care to add separates in an easy to find place.

Makes sense. I wonder why Adam @ P3D removed the add-on scenery folders in 2.5 and won't offer support. We'll create them anyway, thanks mighty fighter!

This sounds awesome. I'd like to hear some feedback from those who've tried this. Could you compare it to a paid mesh product such as FS Global Ultimate? How's the quality compare?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Vic, they compare it with FSGlobal 2010 NOT FSGlobal Ultimate that I was referring to and that is a big difference. 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I stand corrected Jack - I misunderstood. You are, of course, correct.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Installed Europe and North America. Looks great in P3D especially with all the added detail across Canada.

Thank you so much for this excellent freeware product.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Curious to hear if users are seeing spikes, hills or unwelcomed valleys where they should not be?  How is the mesh lining up to airports... plateaus or valleys?  Not saying these things are there as I haven't installed it yet.  Just seeking simmers opinions before I d/l.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Installed the mesh for Africa and I am very pleased with it. The area around Bata (FGBT) for example is now quite accurate and close to reality. (Both in FSX and P3D there were huge cliffs which do not exist there.)

Also that huge waterfall into the Atlantic ocean near Accra (DGAA) which does not exist has disappeared.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

Hey folks,

Patch 1.01 (size: 395 MB) has been issued. Fixes some very obnoxious artifacts in Italy and the Balkans. See the main thread for instructions.

Thank you very much for getting me interested in the rest of the world again and out of my Pacific Coast rut!

Although I do love my mountains and ocean! Downloaded all 40+ gigs of your mesh plus your patch and seeeeeeeeeeding!

Somewhere north of MMOX without FMX...

FMX1.jpg

With FMX...

FMX2.jpg

Again thank you very much!!!

Did a quick flight over Mt. Rundle and the Kananaskis region, Canadian Rockies. This is near Banff (Alberta, Canada) and the relief is quite truthful to the real thing. Thanks a bunch Daniel and David.

Bombay does look different and so does Lukla.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Bombay does look different and so does Lukla.

How about some nice before and after pix

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

@hesynergy will do 

BTW guys is there a better way to understand lat long ? I am not understanding them to well and don't know which to download e.g. Banff 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus