Sign in to follow this  
koala63

CTD ending the flight with pmdg 777-300ER kernel32.dll

Hi guys :)

My Fsx seem to be working fined but something wrong a the end.All CTD crash appear when ending the flight by the menu.. very strange, maybe i have to end fsx directly ?

Operating system:

Win7/64

My settings addon's and hardware for try to understand:

i7 4790

Msi GTX 970 4gb

Msi Z97X gaming mother board

8gb of DDR3

Some fsx.cfg settings:

GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

[DISPLAY]
WideViewAspect=True
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

[DISPLAY]
WideViewAspect=True
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

Caméra.cfg:

PitchPanRate=50
HeadingPanRate=90 

All is ultra high but not the autogen and ground effects is disable.All traffic is disable too.

Addon's:

REX essential+overdrive

Activesky

When i leave fsx, i leave it first and then active sky.

Any idéa or tips and tricks ? ^_^

EDIT: seem to be happen only after one flight, i reload the T7 in cold and dark put the engines shutdown and ending the flight, no CTD.

Disable Affinity Mask by commenting the parameter out so it will not load as follows:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

//AffinityMask=14 (see the two // in front of the parameter) It will not load or be used the next time you run FSX.

If you still get the crash, then remove the slashes and save your config. If that does not work, try the settings as shown in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for reply  :rolleyes:

The problem if i disable it active sky say me "affinity mask is not properly configured and can cause troubles with ASN clouds weather" ... or somethings like that, if i click yes active sky configure the mask in "84", so accept or not accept ?

So i try with no Affinitymask option and same result at the end... kernel32.dll, i ,also try to quit fsx changing the 777pmdg for the default cessna and crash too always with the same mistake.

Si i tried to reproduce the crash using AppCrashView and finaly... no crash.I leave FSX in outside view not by the menu but on the top right.

Maybe he crash after long haul flight ? i often fly between 7hour and 11hr30 hours (without time compression beause i have a VAFS tracker).

Next flights i will try the same making AppCrashView on the background and i will exit on outside view in the top right corner.If any crash i come back post the logs here.

Have a good night and for sure a good flights  :P

The problem if i disable it active sky say me "affinity mask is not properly configured

I selected 'no' when offered to automatically include this tweak whenever I started up FSX/ASN.  I have never seen this problem with fsx freezing up because of the lack of Affinity Mask.  It could do more harm than good as most experts (like NickN) do not recommend this 'tweak'.  I'm interested in knowing how you removed it from your FSX.cfg as ASN will load it every time you start up ASN (unless you said you did not want it to be automatically added when you first installed it).  So you can comment the parameter out but ASN is just going to load it again and again.  I have never used Affinity Mask tweak and never had a freeze or that 7 minute freeze some get.  I did get a freeze but it was directly attributed to MyTrafficX, v5.4c and I indicate in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  In the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide we did not recommend the Affinity Mask tweak as it is system dependent and there is no proven value.  If you do a search for Affinity Mask (one good result would be Word Not Allowed's Guide), your BIOS has to be configured appropriately as the Affinity Mask setting depends on whether Hyper Threading is turned on or off and the number of cores.

In the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 13, the probable cause for a kernel32.dll crash is high setting(s) and we recommend you reduce your settings.  I did a lot of Google searching for you throughout the flight simulation community looking for solutions to the kernel32.dll error for the AVSIM CTD Guide and this was the cause stated by everyone.  Your CPU just can't handle FSX with high settings.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

In the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 13, the probable cause for a kernel32.dll crash is high setting(s) and we recommend you reduce your settings.  I did a lot of Google searching for you throughout the flight simulation community looking for solutions to the kernel32.dll error for the AVSIM CTD Guide and this was the cause stated by everyone.  Your CPU just can't handle FSX with high settings.

I got that yesterday when exiting fsx after 6 hours

Vernon Howells

Hi guys,

I did a lot of Google searching for you throughout the flight simulation community looking for solutions to the kernel32.dll error for the AVSIM CTD Guide and this was the cause stated by everyone.  Your CPU just can't handle FSX with high settings.

Spécial thanks to you Firewawk44 !  ^_^

Im ready to start a flight and i uncommented the line of Affinitymask following your advices.I flew two little trip today and no crash... i just leave fsx in outside mode on the top right corner.

Im going to make a long haul flight now i will do the same as describe above to exit Fsx and testing what happen  B)

I don't think affinity mask has anything to do with it so i would use that tweak thats recommended.

Mind, if it doesn't crash on your first test flight that doesn't mean stable and crash free. It can happen anytime, days, weeks or even months.

So you always hear disable this and that to find the culprit but how long will this take for each addon? Months!!!

Vernon Howells

Sorry i make a mistake DE-commented and no un-commented, my english need to practice  :P

So you always hear disable this and that to find the culprit but how long will this take for each addon? Months!!!

If you read the AVSIM CTD Guide, there is a very simple process.  Read the first two pages only.  Move your FSX.cfg, your dll.xml, and the exe.xml to a temporary folder.  Instead of disabling all of your addons in the Scenery.cfg, I found that you can simply move your scenery.cfg to a temporary folder too as the default will be loaded when you restart FSX/P3D (this is one change that I'm going to make in a future update, if I update it).  When you restart FSX, your FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg will be rebuilt to the defaults.  Your dll.xml and exe.xml will not be rebuilt (as they are not need in a default configuration).

FSX is now at the default setup just like it was when you first installed it. 

Now move the fsx.cfg back over to the fsx.cfg folder.  See if the crash continues. Mostly this fixes all crashes as people throw in the wrong tweaks with the wrong parameters (all computers are not the same; what tweak works for one does not mean it works for everyone).  If not, add the dll.xml and exe.xml.  This will load the modules like those belonging to PMDG, FSDT, FSUIPC, etc.  See if there are any crashes.  If there are no crashes, then the problem must be associated with the scenery.cfg.  I would move the scenery.cfg back and disable only AI traffic (if there's an entry) as that is usually the most common reason for a freeze or crash. It's not a long process and it is very simple.  You have to investigate your crash yourself as there is no known fix for most crashes. 

An even simpler plan would be to just rebuild the FSX.cfg as this is the most common cause of crashes.  The chances of any crashes after rebuilding the fsx.cfg are extremely limited.

We are here to help others and not to be so negative about suggestions for fixing a problem.

Submit News to AVSIM

Yeh thanks jim! But thats what i'm trying to get across, crashes can take days and weeks possibly longer! So how long will you have to go about testing each one. It is a long process.

Yesterday i got a stackhash after changing my volts from 1.14 to 1.12, i increased it back to 1.13 and its running fine now.

Vernon Howells

Today two short flights no crash, 7hours flight and crash again exiting fsx...

Does long haul flight cause crash every time for you guys or just sometimes ?

Be thankfull it doesn't crash during the flight ;)

What was the faulting module? Did you exit out of full screen or window mode?

Vernon Howells

Today two short flights no crash, 7hours flight and crash again exiting fsx...

Does long haul flight cause crash every time for you guys or just sometimes ?

You are most likely running low on VAS.  On page 3 of the AVSIM CTD Guide, there's instructions on how to set up FSX to monitor VAS during your flight.  I also mention another utility called Quantum Leap (in the AVSIM Library) which allows you to speed up your trip across the US or any ocean.  Any flight over 2 hours can cause you to run out of VAS fast especially at the end of the trip.  It all depends on your settings, what you are flying, and what you are flying over.  Default stuff is okay but when you get to commercial products, your use of VAS could increase dramatically.

I did a 625 nm trip the over day over MSE v2 Denver Ultra Hi Res, Rocky Mountain National Parks Hi Res, MSE Utah, and MSE Nevada.  I also used ASN and the PMDG 738.  I had no problems throughout the whole flight.  Good framerates and I still had over 500 MB's of VAS remaining when I landed.  The landing phase is the most critical as you have used most of your VAS and you have little left to land.  With the advent of modern computers that are super fast, VAS usage is much faster than in the old days (maybe 3 years ago and longer) when we only have the duo core systems.

I use the AVSIM FSX Configuration guide for my FSX settings.  I also use P3D which seems to handle the VAS usage better.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM