Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Take Off For Most Historic Feat In History of Aviation

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting exciting take off for most historic moment!!!!!

What plane is that that would create most historic moment????

cp3_zpsiamipgrf.jpg

Can you figure out what plane is that would make amazing history by looking at close up view of the engines?

cp5_zpswdjt6u6t.jpg

Can you figure out the type of the plane from looking at the tail before take off for history making flight?

cp2_zps3wdtfzjh.jpg

Can you still figure out what plane?

cp4_zpslmsuszsa.jpg

Why it is brand new DC-8-43 FRESH out of factory at Long Beach airport READY for making aviation history!!

cp7_zpshsc9zqoz.jpg

Taxiing past Douglas factories to runway spewing some black smoke

cp6_zpslfanuf4t.jpg

Still taxiing

cp1_zpsv0hd4isj.jpg

TAKE OFF for most historic moment!!!

cp8_zps1nxsmw7i.jpg

Dig the engine smoke while retracting landing gear!

cp9_zpsf3wero6b.jpg

cp10_zpsuswwpqug.jpg

On very very long climb to make historic feat in commercial aviation

cp11_zpsr1yeo9av.jpg

Oh  you want to know what historic feat did this DC-8-43 in Canadian Pacific livery make?

This plane became FIRST commercial airline plane in history to fly SUPERSONIC SPEED at mach 1 !!!!!

And this plane also became FIRST commercial airline plane in history to reach and cruise at 50,000 ft with FULL PASSENGER LOAD and FULL LUGGAGE load!!!!

The same plane flying supersonic speed at mach 1.0 along with supersonic jet fighter

special.jpg

cool%20letter_zpsiwe0hxj0.jpg

Plane after finishing supersonic flight!!!

Boeing_will_never_try_it_2_FLASH.jpg

Thank you for viewing. Stay tuned for next exciting flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

WOW...and some bad things happened on that flight.

HLJAMES

What bad things happened??  The flight was successful. It flew mach 1.2 and reached 50,000 ft.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Nice shots and information.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Wow, Aharon.

In all the time I have viewed your screenshots here, in Avsim, irrespective of your amazing PS talents, I like the way you add history to your amazing screenshots. And you backed it up with a factual document.

I love the shot of the taxi past the neon lights of the Douglas factory. Class!

What bad things happened?? The flight was successful. It flew mach 1.2 and reached 50,000 ft.

They would have to dive to get through the sound barrier. The stabilizer was not designed for supersonic flight. The stabilizer stalled in the dive. They had no control of the airplane until it got down to 35000ft.

HLJAMES

They would have to dive to get through the sound barrier. The stabilizer was not designed for supersonic flight. The stabilizer stalled in the dive. They had no control of the airplane until it got down to 35000ft.

Pilot: "We've reached 50,000 feet"

Douglas Marketing Exec: "Excellent"

Pilot: "The stabilizer stalled! I can't control the plane!"

Douglas Marketing Exec:"Ahhhhh!!!"

Pilot"Ahhhhhh!!!"

*plane levels off*

Pilot:"Phew! We broke the speed of sound in that dive! Thank God we're ok"

Douglas Exec: "Yes, thank Go... wait... we broke the speed of sound?"

Pilot: "Yep"

Douglas Marketing Exec"..."

Pilot: "...."

Douglas Marketing Exec: "..."

Pilot: "..."

Douglas Marketing Exec"..."

**DC-8 BREAKS SOUND BARRIER! WHAT A MONUMENTAL ENGINEERING FEAT! WHAT A HISTORIC DAY FOR AVIAITON!**

*EDIT* Never mind, that joke was as stupid as it was unfunny. I'll see myself out.   :fool:    Nice screenshots Ahron. 

Great preview...thanks

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks Aharon for taking us back in time.  Great shots!  Those DC-8's sure could put out some exhaust.  

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Crosswind and Ctiger,

Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg