Sign in to follow this  

I have VOXATC 6.0. Is MCE compatible with VOXATC? I only see in the manual RD and PF.

Josh Scholl

I have VOXATC 6.0. Is MCE compatible with VOXATC? I only see in the manual RD and PF.

Not sure what you mean by compatible.

If you meant, can they run together? Absolutely Yes, and they won't be fighting for entries in "Panel.cfg" since MCE doesn't need to write any.

If you meant MCE will be handling communications with VoxATC, the answer is No.

We do not interfere with VoxATC as it has its own speech recognition feature.

Just nice to know...

MCE co-pilot will eventually remind you the assigned call sign under VoxATC.

If you assign the same joystick PTT switch for transmission, when you talk to VoxATC (button down), MCE will suspend all its speech reco.

If you aren't handling ATC yourself, and prefer to hand that over to VoxATC FO, should you assign the same voice under MCE, you will end-up with same FO replying to VoxATC and assisting you with aircraft flows.

I posted the below on one of the stickys but no response as of yet so trying here.

I am interested in MCE but the vast majority of the flying I do is VFR (i.e. KSDO to KIWA etc. using GA: Baron 58, Carenado A36 etc.), I am getting too old and feeble to handle commercials, I can't land the darn things, I always take out the terminal buildings, parking lots, freeway on-ramps, pedestrians etc..   Is MCE overkill or would I find it useful for my short flights?  The website says it supports all FSX default aircraft so I presume that is the case with P3D 2.5 also?  I use XP10 on occasion for VFR so I would be considering MCE for XP10 also. 

Would I want ultimate or lite?

Thanks for any input.

John

I posted the below on one of the stickys but no response as of yet so trying here.

I am interested in MCE but the vast majority of the flying I do is VFR (i.e. KSDO to KIWA etc. using GA: Baron 58, Carenado A36 etc.), I am getting too old and feeble to handle commercials, I can't land the darn things, I always take out the terminal buildings, parking lots, freeway on-ramps, pedestrians etc..   Is MCE overkill or would I find it useful for my short flights?  The website says it supports all FSX default aircraft so I presume that is the case with P3D 2.5 also?  I use XP10 on occasion for VFR so I would be considering MCE for XP10 also. 

Would I want ultimate or lite?

Thanks for any input.

John

Would have preferred other users chime in for this one.

Since you appear to have been waiting for some feedback, here we go.

Normally, for your usage scenario, we have the much cheaper and lighter "Lite Edition". Unfortunately, it only work with FSX and FS9.

If you only have P3D, then the Ultimate is your only option.

Yes, the Ultimate Edition is overkill because it's a mammoth 10 year project that's supposed to interface 32+ complex aircraft, and you don't seem to have any of those.

On the other hand, the Ultimate Edition allows you to create your own voice commands, therefore, it's possible to interact with co-pilot "your way"

If you don't like the "formal" heavies way of doing things, you can indulge in using the co-pilot as a buddy, with voice commands such as "hey buddy, make sure we're all set for landing", then tell him what he needs to do in that regard.

The Ultimate also allows you to talk to 3 ATC systems. Native ATC, RC4 or PFE ATC

For VFR flights, the Native ATC interfacing is very good.

Here is an example of what you can do with Lite Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOXKStXq3VU

Hi Gerald

Thanks very much for the input, very helpful and informative indeed. 

"For VFR flights, the Native ATC interfacing is very good.".   I think that was the answer I was looking for.  Maybe I should get a bit better on handling the IFR flights/Landings and make the Ultimate version worth while.  Do you think the lite version will ever be developed for P3D 2.5/XP10?

Thanks again.

John