Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

N1 % setup

Hello fellow H850 pilots, I have a question, on the ref tab I can set the N1 REF to either FMS, MAN, or OFF, I have it set to MAN @ 100% which is what the aircraft is rated for at TO for 5 minutes, I generally push about 3 minutes at 100% N1 in other aircraft, however I can not seem to get the N1 REF to go beyond 96% or if I set the N1 REF to 90% MAN it still goes to 96%. Am I doing something wrong here?

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

So not one person knows anything about this, and we have real H850XP pilots on these forums?

We're not Carenado support but simmers like you, doesn't mean we've seen your thread and/or can respond immediately. Have some patience.

The Carenado Hawker 850 can't get up to 100% CN1, because it's coded not to.

Carenado also does not seem to have any code that allows the function of the N1 bug working, so setting the reference does nothing.

We're not Carenado support but simmers like you, doesn't mean we've seen your thread and/or can respond immediately. Have some patience.

The Carenado Hawker 850 can't get up to 100% CN1, because it's coded not to.

Carenado also does not seem to have any code that allows the function of the N1 bug working, so setting the reference does nothing.

I was thinking the same thing, just wanted to know if someone else had ideas of the same sort or other information. As for the patience, I figured 48 hours would be enough, I have been on forums where 20 people a day log into that specific section and have gotten a response within that time, figured it was time to grab a bit more attention to a simple question; thanks for taking the time to answer it though. Now with this I will send Carenado a support ticket asking them in a patch to fix this issue; heck the Phenom 100 could have its engine performance modified, why not the H850?

Seems like they have deliberately designed it so that on a standard day, you can firewall it, and get around 96% N1 +/- which is about right for take-off. 100%N1 up at altitude is a valid thrust setting according to some stuff I have read during my research. You just set it and see how fast she'll go, long as it's not above max of course for the conditions...

Christopher Allan

I've been playing around with the .air files, that should allow more realistic thrust and N1, although this is a WIP.

Coupled with that I'm going to make an XML change that works as an EEC when the engine computers are turned on - in other words, allow you to firewall the throttle but have it auto manage thrust/N1.

I'm seriously looking forward to seeing how you do that..Big%20Grin.gif

Christopher Allan