Sign in to follow this  
Penz

HMS Bounty, for FS9, FSX and P3D

Why a thread from Milton Shupe, announcing the availability of the Bounty V1.1 (updated package, now available in the avsim library too), is locked, beats me.

Anyway, its in the avsim libr. now, for those wondering where to download it.

Rob

Ah, my mistake.  In trying to get 2 packages uploaded to 3 websites and do announcement posts in appropriate forums, I forgot the Penz had already started a post here.  My apologies to Penz and for the confusion caused.

Why a thread from Milton Shupe, announcing the availability of the Bounty V1.1 (updated package, now available in the avsim library too), is locked, beats me.

Anyway, its in the avsim libr. now, for those wondering where to download it.

Rob

Since he announced an updated version (first), I will unlock his topic. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've downloaded v1.2 and sailed the Hudson River at Manhattan, and Baltimore Inner Harbor -- awesome!

Several thoughts for the "to-do" list: when the rudder is put back into a neutral position after turning (I'm using the keyboard number pad, and so I mean hitting the 5 key), there should be a delay before the ship stops turning. Can you allow alternate ensigns/flags (I'm seeing the US flag at the mainmast)? For prettiness, have the ship's wheel turn as the rudder is turned. Oh, and the PDF manual will need updating -- I haven't yet discovered how to use the tug that's now part of the sim.

Those of us who were lucky enough to see & photograph the Bounty replicas have favorite photos: mine is http://swq.com/nyharbor/91422.jpg (which was taken September 14, 2002, in NY Harbor as part of "Sail for America", a one-time sailors' tribute to the September 11 2001 tragedy.

My apologies to Penz and for the confusion caused.

It's really me who should apologise for having posted prematurely in the first place Milton.

(LOL at "the Penz" ... made me think of "The Fonz". I immediately nicked that for my AVSIM member title!). :smile:

- JP

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I've downloaded v1.2 and sailed the Hudson River at Manhattan, and Baltimore Inner Harbor -- awesome!

Several thoughts for the "to-do" list: when the rudder is put back into a neutral position after turning (I'm using the keyboard number pad, and so I mean hitting the 5 key), there should be a delay before the ship stops turning. Can you allow alternate ensigns/flags (I'm seeing the US flag at the mainmast)? For prettiness, have the ship's wheel turn as the rudder is turned. Oh, and the PDF manual will need updating -- I haven't yet discovered how to use the tug that's now part of the sim.

Those of us who were lucky enough to see & photograph the Bounty replicas have favorite photos: mine is http://swq.com/nyharbor/91422.jpg (which was taken September 14, 2002, in NY Harbor as part of "Sail for America", a one-time sailors' tribute to the September 11 2001 tragedy.

DMdoc,

Thank you for the comments.

The rudder snapback is likely a consequence of using the keyboard 5 to return; it is instant that way.   You should be using numpad "0" for left turns, numpad "enter" for right turns, and use the same keys to return to center.  When I use these keys, the helm wheel turns as well in both Spot and VC views.

The same is true regarding the helm steering; it is animated and turns when joystick or rudder pedals are used.  

The flag is textured and may be changed to anything you wish.  See "unionjack512-256" in the texture folders.

I hope this helps.

Milton Shupe