Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

FS++ LIMITED - RC4TOXPLANE released today

:o

http://secure.simmarket.com/fs-limited-rc4toxplane.phtml

What is RC4toXplane?

It is a fat plugin that sits inside Xplane installation folderResourcesPlugins folder.

It provides the glue between the third party Radar Contact V4.3 ATC program and X-Plane, thus bringing an alternative to the default X-Plane ATC system to the table.

The problem

If you have owned Radar Contact ATC, you may have attempted running it with X-Plane, only to be met with a disappointing error message.

Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient

Add to that, many X-Plane users are frustrated at the primitive Native ATC provided with XPX and you have a scenario for a lot of frustration.

The solution

hile waiting for a better X-Plane built-in ATC, which may become reality in the future...

One of the RC4toXplane duties is to fool RC4 into thinking X-Plane is FSX for which it was designed.

RC4 will then be able to connect to X-Plane.  

Can someone help me with this issue?  I just started using this plugin and when I request Clearance (CLR by CD) I do not get an option to acknowledge what was said.  If I'm told "Clearance on Request" or if I receive a Clearance I just receive a blank RC4 box. Selecting any of the keys does nothing (not even #7).

Thanks for any help

Luis

Can someone help me with this issue?  I just started using this plugin and when I request Clearance (CLR by CD) I do not get an option to acknowledge what was said.  If I'm told "Clearance on Request" or if I receive a Clearance I just receive a blank RC4 box. Selecting any of the keys does nothing (not even #7).

Thanks for any help

Luis

Possible solution...

The plugin needs to know where RC4 is installed to in order to work out what key combinations you have assigned, what call-sign you are using and what flight plan has been loaded.

It would typically search the registry for RC4 path. If you have moved RC4 folder after installing it some time ago, it could be the issue.

Some people have more than one RC4 installation (one for FSX and another for FS9). It could be that the plugin is settling for the first one it finds, and possibly not the one you think you are using. 

To make sure it's pointing to the correct location, proceed as follows.

Go to plugin folder \RC4toXplane\ and open "RC4toXplane.cfg". in Notepad

Ensure...

IgnoreRC4Registry=1

Save the file

When the plugin starts it will prompt you for the path to rcv4.exe (main Radar Contact executable). Just browse your drives and provide it.

Suggest you set "rcv4.exe" to run as administrator. For instance, under UAC rules, when RC4 is installed to default C:\Program Files (x86)\, Windows will deny it writing to its own config files which are crucial to the plugin.

Report back

Thanks

Also make sure you change the default RC4 key settings per the manual.

Thanks guys, it's working now.  My path to RC4 was incorrect and I also did not change the default key setup.

Thanks for the assistance.

Luis

Thanks guys, it's working now.  My path to RC4 was incorrect and I also did not change the default key setup.

Thanks for the assistance.

Luis

Good to hear it's sorted.

Enjoy!

Does this work with a Mac? I know that RC4 is a windows product, but wondering if I could have RC4 on a PC and XPX on a Mac, interconnected by a home network (wireless).

Thanks, Bruce.

Does this work with a Mac? I know that RC4 is a windows product, but wondering if I could have RC4 on a PC and XPX on a Mac, interconnected by a home network (wireless).

Thanks, Bruce.

It would have worked if XPUIPC Server + Client was ready.

Unfortunately, even from PC to PC, XPUIPC doesn't notify the server when you press a key combination on the client machine (running RC4).

In fact XPUIPC doesn't even handle hotkeys (something XPUIPC does with FSX) when everything is installed on same machine. It's our plugin that monitors RC4 hotkeys and notifies the Radar Contact ATC add-on when something happens.

I would say, if eager for a better ATC for X-Plane, go for the Bootcamp option (run Windows on Mac computer). And according to many people, it's better for performance when you own an Nvidia graphics card.

Hi There,

A couple of questions

Is it possible to map joystick / Saitek buttons to the various keystrokes used by RC4 , I've tried various mappers including Saitek's and logitech and nothing seems to get thru to RC4,

I'd rather not have a keyboard around , when I'm flying , as it normally ends up landing on the floor.

Also, am I right in assuming , that everything has to be run in admin mode only if you install RC4 in C:\Program Files....

Regards

MB

Hi There,

A couple of questions

Is it possible to map joystick / Saitek buttons to the various keystrokes used by RC4 , I've tried various mappers including Saitek's and logitech and nothing seems to get thru to RC4,

I'd rather not have a keyboard around , when I'm flying , as it normally ends up landing on the floor.

Also, am I right in assuming , that everything has to be run in admin mode only if you install RC4 in C:\Program Files....

Regards

MB

I use the official Saitek software for the X55 and program a switch for CTRL-SHIFT-1 and CTRL-SHIFT-7, which works great.

I use the official Saitek software for the X55 and program a switch for CTRL-SHIFT-1 and CTRL-SHIFT-7, which works great.

That's good to know, I'll persevere, I'm trying to use the buttons on the saitek quadrants, but have also tried the buttons on a logitech 3D joystick.

I wonder if the inputs are being eaten by another plugin.

Many Thanks

MB

Also, am I right in assuming , that everything has to be run in admin mode only if you install RC4 in C:\Program Files

The only requirement in this regard, whenever Windows UAC is enabled (and we don't recommend disabling it unless you want to), you need to set both "X-Plane.exe" and "X-Plane-32Bit.exe" to run as administrator, no matter the path X-Plane is installed to

This probably is a silly question, but did you get permission from the Radar Contact developers to do something like this? 

Cheers!

That's good to know, I'll persevere, I'm trying to use the buttons on the saitek quadrants, but have also tried the buttons on a logitech 3D joystick.

I wonder if the inputs are being eaten by another plugin.

Many Thanks

MB

Brain trouble :(  I'd not applied my changes to the profile , on both sets of software :fool:

The only requirement in this regard, whenever Windows UAC is enabled (and we don't recommend disabling it unless you want to), you need to set both "X-Plane.exe" and "X-Plane-32Bit.exe" to run as administrator, no matter the path X-Plane is installed to

Yeah , I don't like running software as admin , especially when it can launch a web browser.

Regards

MB