Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

FS++ LIMITED - RC4TOXPLANE released today

but did you get permission from the Radar Contact developers to do something like this

I don't know that he would have to. Gerald didn't touch RC in any way. He created a plugin for X-Plane so it could communicate with RC4. 

NAX669.png

I don't know that he would have to. Gerald didn't touch RC in any way. He created a plugin for X-Plane so it could communicate with RC4. 

Yes, and Radar Contact wasn't made to work with X-plane.... 

Yes, and Radar Contact wasn't made to work with X-plane..

Ok, I'm not going to speak for Gerald, if he feels so inclined I'm sure he'll join in. I guess it's possible the John Dekker could object, although by creating the plugin for RC4 and making it compatible with XPX, Gerald may have increased sales for a piece of software that hasn't been updated in years. Again he in no way altered the code of RC4.

NAX669.png

We don’t have time for “wannabe lawyers”, especially when they try to bluff their way, falsely posing as representatives for others, in order to further some obscure agenda.

As far as we know, JD is the only person who may object. And he hasn’t done so for the last 3 months since the plugin has been around.

Even if he did, technically, there is no case against it since it doesn’t modify reverse-engineer any of the RC4 files.

Was RC4 designed and tested with Prepar3D?

Does that mean we all have to obtain permission before using it with that sim (and what about FSX-SE?).

Now if Pete Dowson didn’t graciously extend support for P3D and FSX-SE and users relied on FSUIPC.dll that shipped with RC4 a long time ago, you wouldn’t have been able to use it with P3D and FSX-SE, period.

All JD could do is not recommend it. But he is smarter than you think.

If one thing, this plugin will make RC4 more relevant for the next 5 years at least. Remember, our plugin is useless without a registered copy of RC4, and X-Plane is crying for a better ATC system.

We do realise by releasing this plugin, we upset some who consider us as a competitor. For instance, there is another ATC add-on maker who is desperate to add support for X-Plane (no, not PFE), and so far drawing blanks. Seeing RC4 accidentally thrive with the new platform is not a pretty sight and may well be cause for concern to some.

And in case you didn’t know, we even gave RC4 the voice treatment a very long time ago. It is now fully voice control capable via the MCE interface. :rolleyes:

Wait, where did that came from? I just asked a question, no need to be an ###### about it. I'm not an wannabe lawyer, I didn't pose as a representative to nothing, I really can't understand why I deserved this attack. It just a simple question, I'm amazed at what you were able to read in the two sentences I posted. 

Anyway, I was just curious, I have no interest whatsoever in this product, but maybe you should treat your "wannabe" customers a little better.

For future reference, a simple "no, we did not ask permission, because we didn't think it was necessary in this case" would suffice, and you wouldn't have to attack anyone.  

Wait, where did that came from? I just asked a question, no need to be an ###### about it. I'm not an wannabe lawyer, I didn't pose as a representative to nothing, I really can't understand why I deserved this attack. It just a simple question, I'm amazed at what you were able to read in the two sentences I posted.

Anyway, I was just curious, I have no interest whatsoever in this product, but maybe you should treat your "wannabe" customers a little better.

For future reference, a simple "no, we did not ask permission, because we didn't think it was necessary in this case" would suffice, and you wouldn't have to attack anyone.

I'm courious what was the purpose behind your question? That should help clear things up.....

There was no purpose. I was curious about the product, but to use it I would like to know that he had at least talked with the original developers. It may be difficult to reach JD, but Ray is extremely active here on Avsim, it would be easy to get a hold of him. That's it, no purpose, no ulterior motive, no "wannabe lawyering", just a potential customer going after some information that he finds important.