Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

NL2000 EHAM Scenery

NL2000 has photo real coverage of all of The Netherlands. All this is FREEWARE by the way. 

Also if you scroll down far enough you will get to the english speaking forums. 

I tried EHAM and some others from NL2000 in P3D2, but like you say, performance of EHAM was terrible and I noticed some problems with autogen vegetation disappearing around those airports.

Cheers!

Maarten

Ok thanks for the replied everyone. I'll open a thread at their forum and ask for tips. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

A couple of days ago, NL2000 posted that they are now working on P3D2 compatibility and I've been trying out some airports and it looks very promising.

Especially EHAM is a big airport and you'll notice this in VAS use, but it's very manageable. At least on my system. And I didnt see any scenery flaws at all

To me it seems that NL2000 is ready to give it a go in P3D2.5

Cheers!

Maarten

A couple of days ago, NL2000 posted that they are now working on P3D2 compatibility and I've been trying out some airports and it looks very promising.

Especially EHAM is a big airport and you'll notice this in VAS use, but it's very manageable. At least on my system. And I didnt see any scenery flaws at all

The libraries installer has a nasty habit of messing with too many stock files in my opinion (to the point of being destructive); if you make it past that point alive, installation of the sceneries is easy, and they are indeed very good.

I love flying the Viper to EHLW Leeuwarden (as it is one of the alternates for the Danish F-16's), the NL2K version is among the best military air base sceneries I have ever seen.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I have indeed seen problems when I tried NL2000 in P3D2, about a year ago, but so far I havent noticed anything wrong with the new installers, but I'll keep my eyes open.

I must say, the 2 airports I tried are version 4.06 airports, I havent had a look at airports that are still earlier versions. EHAM and EHEH are 4.06 already and there's also a 4.06 library available now.

Cheers!

Maarten

For better VAS handling go into the NL 3D folder / scenery.

Take out the effect and building files...

Leave the Object files...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I opened a thread at their forum asking them if EHAM really was supposed to be compatible with P3D (2.5), but did not receive any response.

I don't have any VAS issues with this scenery, but the performance was to bad for my standards (compared with what I can get achieve at FlyTampa Copenhagen for instance).

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

With the 4.05 version my FPS was horrible, but I notice that the 4.06 is a lot better on my system, already. I'm doing 40FPS now, with partially cloudy weather from ASN with 5 cloud layers, but I must say, I dont have any traffic running at the moment. But with 40FPS, some traffic wouldnt hurt. ;)

Cheers!

Maarten

With the 4.05 version my FPS was horrible, but I notice that the 4.06 is a lot better on my system, already. I'm doing 40FPS now, with partially cloudy weather from ASN with 5 cloud layers, but I must say, I dont have any traffic running at the moment. But with 40FPS, some traffic wouldnt hurt. ;)

Hm, have to check which version I'm running. Are you perhaps also using FTX Global+OpenLC+Vector? That could explain my performance issues but FPS goes beyond the roof when departing EHAM. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

In the Netherlands I've got FTX Global/Vector/OpenLC and FreeMeshX, indeed.

But I'm mostly a GA flier, so I couldnt tell you what, for isntance, a PMDG 777 would do.

Cheers!

Maarten

When I used FSX-MS, this was the only scenery when I got OOM after few minutes using my standard settings.

Did not a get a try with FSX-SE yet.

Sounds like we are experiencing completely different scenarios. I think its related to the use of other 3rd party add-ons and the version of this scenery. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I've had a look at the other side of the airport (north side) and starting my flight at the north side, my fps is lower then when I come flying in at the south side. Taxiing from the gate at the north side, to the runway at the south side, I notice that fps is very unstable, it peaks and dips. Still, over the whole, I stay above 25fps and the instability doesnt give me any stutters or pauses.

Clearly this airport is still a work in progress, but for me it's good enough to use.

Cheers!

Maarten