Sign in to follow this  
chrissKLO

[W.I.P]VATSIM beginners guide! 2015 [Version 1.0]

Vatsim.png

First of all I would like to welcome all the new members to VATSIM! Please I'm not an official member I'm just making a guide for new members, forums moderators I don't mind if you edit the thread.

shop_line.png

Basics

Please note that VATSIM is not a game even FSX, it is for training sessions or virtual flying network provided with ATC, When you connect to VATSIM you need to know basic ATC knowledge and you need to know your aircraft very well.

• Vatsim depends on real-life charts
  • STARS (Standard Terminal arrival routes)
  • SIDS (Standard Instrumental departures)

Without this then you will stay on the ground no matter what, You need to file a flight plan that is LEGIT with the AIRAC cycle.

shop_line.png

What is AIRAC?

AIRAC is what they use like maps but it updates depending with routes from real life our current AIRAC is 1505, this can be downloaded from Navigraph and it updates depending on your subscription.

shop_line.png

Pilots

Rules apply! You must read-back all thats been said by the ATC (e.g ATC: UAE123 Cleared to Dubai via ALSEM1E Departure (SID) 36R, squawk 2423. PILOT: Cleared to Dubai using ALSEM1E departure, 36R, SQUAWK 2423. ATC: Read-back is correct call for P/S

shop_line.png

This is not a complete guide still W.I.P

1) why reinvent the wheel when its already there ?

http://www.vatsim.net/pilots/getting-started

2) your beginner's guide is wrong

e.g. the statement

Without this then you will stay on the ground no matter what, You need to file a flight plan that is LEGIT with the AIRAC cycle.

is completely wrong. Two wrong facts in one sentence.

Don't misunderstand my post as critique, its a purely technical reply.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440