Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Best AI Traffoc program for FSX-SE

The "compatibility" threads are so full of irrelevant comments and also pretty dated (pre-SP2) so please forgive these newbie questions but I truly have spent a lot of time searching for answers..

It seems there are four options for Addon AI

1. WoAI. Sadly, almost all FS9 files and although they seem to work fine, I keep getting various conflicts such as no VFR (GA) traffic, having to turn off aircraft shadows etc. I also suspect I'm getting some performance hits at busy hubs as well. Is there a reasonably easy fix?

2, My Traffic 6. I'm reluctant to get this as I've seen so many installation complaints. Also some of the models look pretty basic. Comments?

3. UT X. I always like F1 products but I get the impression that many of their programs are now getting minimal support, if any. Lots of complaints in their forums and very little recent activity... ????

4. JustFlight 360. This seems the most comprehensive - GA, Military and Airline. But I cannot find any reference to it being Steam Edition compatible???

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Cheers

Ian

Definitely stay away from payware. Waste of money--freeware options are much better.

WoAI is quite good, but major gaps and a lot of stuff is sadly out of date. It's possible to fill in the gaps by hand with schedules/repaints available here in the library, but it's a frankly very laborious process.

James

Yep definitely stay away from payware,

It's much better to trawl the internet looking for schedules and repaints and laboriously hand install them because absolutely everyone knows the 250 major airlines in the world and can recite every city pair that they fly between.

And the best bit is by the time you have lovingly got all this working they have either changed their schedules or gone out of business.

Definitely stay away from payware, Why on earth would you just want to fly your Sim when you could be parked up at the end of a runway checking if your newly installed repaint is going to turn up on time.

I purchased and am using My Traffic 6.  I had no installation problems and it works quite well.  I was a long time user of Ultimate Traffic but wanted the change.  I am quite happy with the results.

I have probably spent more time tweaking AI traffic files in FS9 than I have actually flying in the sim! :rolleyes:

But as I have now made the transition to FSX-SE I want to get everything up to speed ASAP. I have already downloaded most of the WoAI files and was happy with the results until I realized it was causing problems. So payware truly is the way to go for me - I'm happy to pay someone else to do all the work, though I'm sure I'll eventually be adding new stuff.

I'm still leaning towards Traffic 360 but would like to get some user feedback first

Cheers

Ian

I keep getting various conflicts such as no VFR (GA) traffic, having to turn off aircraft shadows

Now that explains why I see no Ga traffic and thought it was just me.

ZORAN

Definitely stay away from payware. Waste of money--freeware options are much better.

WoAI is quite good, but major gaps and a lot of stuff is sadly out of date. It's possible to fill in the gaps by hand with schedules/repaints available here in the library, but it's a frankly very laborious process.

James

MyTraffic 6 was $20 and the install was simple and took about 15 min. Much simpler for me and no issues.

I fly GA aircraft, so I just want traffic that is plausible and varied. I don't care about various repaints, schedules, gate assignment, etc.

MyTraffic can be installed with FSX boxed, FSX-SE, or P3D, all from the same install. Well worth the $20.

If someone could explain in detail step by step how to install MyTraffic 6 into FSXSE, i would be eternally grateful. The dev has a wonderful product, but the install directions leave a lot to be desired.

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

I was using UT2 but found it kept on barfing on my system. Grabbed My Traffic 6 and I'm much happier. Working well so far. Make sure you follow the install instructions... Yes it is more complex to install than running setup.exe, but just make sure you RTFM.

Cheers,

Mark B.

WW1294.png

I have MyTraffic6, installed into FSX-SE without any issues.  Models are not the very best but honestly when you are flying, taxiing, etc, you don't notice the deficiencies that you do when you inspect them closely. 

As for install.  I just installed into a new folder in my Flight Sim Directory....so I can use for FSX or FSX-SE.  I then ran the configurator program and pointed it to my FSX and FSX-SE folder and also my appdata folders.  That was it, works.  Lots of traffic, seems up to date in terms of liveries and aircraft types.  No complaints.  I am running at 20% and also use the AI Traffic program to kill any traffic far from the airport....increases frames very nicely and keeps traffic on the ground.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

AirNav FS Live Traffic 3, I have been using for quite some time,  real flights real Co.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

AirNav FS Live Traffic 3, I have been using for quite some time,  real flights real Co.

How does it manage traffic density in case there are too many flights around?

Thanks,

Dirk.

$200 per year sub. Not cheap

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

How does it manage traffic density in case there are too many flights around?

Thanks,

Dirk.

check out the link. Never heard of them before myself but there is a 15day free trial   http://www.airnavsystems.com/fs/order.html

ZORAN

I just reinstalled Ultimate Traffic 2 and it performs wonderfully on FSX:SE.  I'm using minimal GA aircraft but 100% commercial (without generic/daedalus) and FPS is great.  Haven't had an OOM yet either.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png