Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Anyone interested in a used A380?

That adds credence to that BBC report I linked last week or so which stated that last year nobody purchased any of the 'super jumbo's as the market is tailing off.

I'm willing to chip in ... Does anybody want to start an airline?

I'm willing to chip in ... Does anybody want to start an airline?

I have about 33 cents.  I'll donate 31 cents...I need to keep two to rub together!!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

That adds credence to that BBC report I linked last week or so which stated that last year nobody purchased any of the 'super jumbo's as the market is tailing off.

I think Emirates & Qatar alone is enough to keep Airbus happy. I guarantee a Sheikh from Saudi or the UAE will pick up one of these A380's to use as a private jet

Rob Prest

guarantee a Sheikh from Saudi or the UAE will pick up one of these A380's to use as a private jet

And you'd not be far off the mark too! But can Airbus exist on just that, more to the point?

I'd buy it, but I don't think it will fit in my driveway. :lol:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm still sitting on the fence, waiting for reports on framerates and VAS footprint before I buy. Do they feature 2D panels only or are they equipped with a Virtual (or even a Real?) Cockpit? Can I toggle between those options via the MCDU, maybe?!?   :lol:

Interesting.  I think it will be interesting to see the effects in the used market so to speak.  But it sucks they look to be off-loading quite a bit of their heavies.

it is not just the A380s that are going, so will some 737s and 777s. Truth is, MAS is going through some very hard times at the moment, and due to the adverse publicity they are not getting passengers through the door, leading to empty seats.

A good friend flew in an MAS 777 2 weeks ago and he guesses it had just over 100 passengers on board. Sad times for this airline