Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Help with flight plans in FMC?

Having looked at various tutorials on FMS operation, I can't see anyway of loading a flight plan, created elsewhere (eg EFASS, PLAN_G etc), into the FMS, only by manually keying each waypoint.

Is there no way to import a flight plan created elsewhere?

Thanks,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hello Stuart

Yes, they are aware of this. Something about waiting for co-operation from the flight planning software world.

There is no way as at the moment to import flightplans. There is a thread about it in their Forum. As I have been flying this particular aircraft a lot of late, I know, it's rather a chore manually inputting waypoints, as I've found out.

Thanks Rick,from what I had read I thought that maybe the case, oh well guess shall just have to learn to manually input them, doh

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

FMS co-route file formats supported by Ideal Flight 10 >augmented:
•FS9 .PLN - FS2004
•FSX .PLN - FSX .XML
•PMDG .rte v1 - J4100
•PMDG .rte v2/3 - 737, 777
•PMDG .rt2 v1 - 747
•PMDG .WX v1 - 777 weather
•iFly .FLTPLAN v1 - 737
•QW .RTE v1 - RJ100
•Aerosoft Airbus X Extended .flp - AXE
•Level-D .rte v1 - 767
•Majestic .fpr vQ400 - Dash 8
•VATSIM Prefile
•Carousel IV-AC INS .AWC WP - FSL Concorde-X, Waypoints data cards
•Carousel IV-AC INS .ADC DME - FSL Concorde-X, DME Station data cards

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks for that,Steve. I was only quoting from my PFPX and AivlaSoft. Might give Ideal Flight 10 a go.

EDIT: At EUR 35:00, guess I'll pass and do it the hard way. I've already shelled out enough on Flight Planners.

I'm still a newb at FSX flight planning. But with friends help I use Sim Breif and you can save your flight plan in FSX folder under PMDG/Flightplanes/NGX as a Route. Then when in FMC under "Coroute" you type in exact title as saved, for example (KSEAKPDX) and hit activate on FMC and Execute.

Hope that helps...

Ghostx62, thanks, will try SimBrief.

I'm still a newb at FSX flight planning. But with friends help I use Sim Breif and you can save your flight plan in FSX folder under PMDG/Flightplanes/NGX as a Route. Then when in FMC under "Coroute" you type in exact title as saved, for example (KSEAKPDX) and hit activate on FMC and Execute.

Hope that helps...

The question is regarding MJC Q400 support.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

SimBrief now support generating Majestic Q400 fpr files but I don't know how to load them into the FMS. Anyone?

Thanks,

-Emile.

Emile van Gerwen.

I'm not aware of any tool that will export to the Majestic Q400 FMS. But I don't understand why folks are so averse to manually keying in routes anyway because it takes two minutes max for typical Q400 sectors. It's not difficult to learn, users should really know how to work this part of the FMS. And real world crews often (but not always, as they will have a company route database in their FMS usually) input manually. Just make sure you're inputting airways, if you input individual waypoints it will be tiresome.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Hello Everyone,

In fact there is an FP import tool for the Dash 8!

CLICK HERE.for the tool.

Also, PM me if you're interested in making a Shared Cockpit flight with me (I've been a Beta Tester for over 6 years and run the primary Shared Cockpit Beta Team for Majestic).  CAVEAT: I only fly on VATSIM.

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

SimBrief now support generating Majestic Q400 fpr files but I don't know how to load them into the FMS. Anyone?

Thanks,

-Emile.

Hi Emile,

Download your flight plan from Simbrief. Copy the .fpr file to (or save directly to) the \Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav\routes folder.  You find the flight plan in the FMS when you reload your Q400!

Scott Brown

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg  

I have saved a valid flight plan to the correct folder, how do I load it into the FMS please?

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Boomer said:

I have saved a valid flight plan to the correct folder, how do I load it into the FMS please?

Click the "FPL" button, then click the "Copy PLT RTE" button. You will see a list of your flight plans.

Fly safe

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

21 hours ago, mokeiko said:

Click the "FPL" button, then click the "Copy PLT RTE" button. You will see a list of your flight plans.

Fly safe

Got it, cheers brother.

Now, after I modify it in the FMC, can the new plan be saved from within the FMC?

spacer.png