Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Weird little places to find and visit

I originally posted this in another forum, but its just as good here, too. Just a list of rarely heard of, and maybe interesting places to fly over and see how they are depicted (if at all) in whatever your favorite simulator is. The last picture is of one of the most remote settlements on earth. If you don't think thats interesting, then just enjoy the pictures!  :lol: 

Huacachina, Peru
Huacachina%20Peru_zpspeysfptp.jpg

Aogashima, Philippine Sea
Aogashima%20Philippine%20Sea_zpszpj1gw2e

Giant mole hills. An entire population of over a thousand residents live underground in dugouts at Coober Pedy in northern South Australia
Giant%20mole%20hills.%20An%20entire%20po

Monemvasia, Greece
Monemvasia%20Greece_zps0uevypgc.jpg

Isortoq, Greenland
Isortoq%20Greenland_zpsec8irphs.jpg

Gásadalur Village, Denmark
Gaacutesadalur%20Village%20Denmark_zpsim

Tristan da Cunha, Saint Helena
Tristan%20da%20Cunha%20Saint%20Helena_zp

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

They are really cool places,  great shots 

Love the second one

Have you looked into Lukla? There's a great scenery pack for the village and airstrip. It's the preferred airport for those heading up to Mt. Everest. One runway, with a cliff on the approach end and a mountain face literally on the other. I don't have the info here with me, but you can look it up. Make sure you're flying an STOL aircraft, and the weather is good. There is only one way in and out of the valley leading to the village.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Have you looked into Lukla? There's a great scenery pack for the village and airstrip. It's the preferred airport for those heading up to Mt. Everest. One runway, with a cliff on the approach end and a mountain face literally on the other. I don't have the info here with me, but you can look it up. Make sure you're flying an STOL aircraft, and the weather is good. There is only one way in and out of the valley leading to the village.

Yup, I'm familiar with it. Scarey!

They are really cool places,  great shots 

Love the second one

There was an eruption there once and a lot of residents did not survive, but their descendants are back, and proudly holding on.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5