Sign in to follow this  
tanker

MU-2B RMI

I'm back again with another question. The RMI gage always has a red flag and points to the bottom of the case, even when VOR is selected for both needles, and a VOR is in range, and the correct frequency is entered in NAV 1 and 2. I do get a proper indication on the EHSI and the DME readout is correct. When I select ADF, the needles point to the top of the case and the red flag is still present, even when a NDB is in range and the correct frequency is entered in the ADF radio.

Inverter and avionic switches are on and the above takes place at altitude. Am I missing something?

Dale

Hey Tanker. The RMI has been fixed. The RCS switches  had an issue with shutdown. fixed as well. Should help a lot with can't start issues.

Mark as been working diligently on customer reports to better this beautiful plane.  Given time, I know Mark will make this the best GA add-on.  Little prejudice I know. :-)

Luv my MU-2!

Best,

David

Glad we got this sorted out!

Let us know if there is anything else that needs attention!

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

I hate to bring this thread back from the dead but I have just purchased the MU-2 for P3D v4, and the RMI needles are inop.  In VOR mode they point straight down.  Everything else seems to work just fine.

-Tim

Tim Metzinger
Engineer, Pilot/CFI, Husband and Dad.

19 hours ago, tmetzinger said:

I hate to bring this thread back from the dead but I have just purchased the MU-2 for P3D v4, and the RMI needles are inop.  In VOR mode they point straight down.  Everything else seems to work just fine.

-Tim

Hello Tim,

I don't have P3D so can't help too much, but a couple of things to check are:

-The MU-2 Avionics master switches are on

- If you are using the GTN 750 or GNS GPS unit, it is on, active, in VLOC (not really required for the RMI but for the HSI) and a local VOR frequency has been loaded into the active frequency position (not standby position).

- Does the the CDI in the HSI move as you move the HSI course arrow? In other words, does the HSI respond to VOR course info?

- Does the RMI in another aircraft, such as the default Beach Baron 58,  loaded into the same location respond as expected?

- Try loading the MU-2 after first loading a default a/c like the C172 or Beach Baron.

Al

Edited by ark