Sign in to follow this  
lowew79

Has PMDG considered allowing customers free trials or just peeks at the manual?

Firstly I want to say that I can't even imagine how many hours go into building software this fantastic!  There is no doubt that PMDG earns their money.  

But as a potential customer (again) I wonder if PMDG has ever considered allowing trial periods of their aircraft?  

If not that, then how about letting folks look at the manuals for the products without purchase?  I know that preparing the manuals is hard work as well, and is worth more than zero dollars.  But I think that the sneak peeks if you will, would help sell the software.  Even if you didn't want to allow downloads how about some kind of web document that can't be printed or something?

In my case the reason I'd like to read the manual is because I'm curious what the J41 FMS is really capable of.  I know there are you tubes vids and such, but there is nothing like tearing into a manual or trying it yourself.

I remember asking that same question about nine or ten years ago before taking the leap on the old Queen.   I had a system that was pretty far below the entry level machines.   I asked Ryan if there was any demos available.   His reply if I recall correctly was that in their experience allowing a demo aircraft was a bad idea for piracy issues and the like.   Bear in mind, this was like nine or so years ago so the exact details of his reply is a little difficult to recall but it was somewhere along those lines.

As for the manuals, that is not likely to happen.   I believe that copyright issues will put a stop to that.   Again, IIRC, the same question was asked a while ago and someone in the team mentioned that copyright issues preclude them from releasing the manuals before the aircraft as they need to be released together for copyright issues or something like that.   Again, I absolute stand to be corrected at the moment, but it was somewhere along those lines.   So I guess what I am saying is that copyright issues may preclude something like what you are suggesting from happening.

Maybe Kyle can shed more light on the subject.   Anyway, hope it helps somewhat :-).

Kind regards

The only reason I wanted one back then was to see if my pc would actually run the program.   But as for systems fidelity etc, never stress about that at all lol.

Kind regards

Most manuals and tutorials are freely available before buying the addons:

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html

An exception would be the B777, but for this addon there are at least tutorial "1.5" and some PFPX-related documents available, too.

I don't know how I missed that on the webpage, wow!  That's exactly what I was asking for, thanks!