Sign in to follow this  
hangar

MU-2 v1.1: my results thus far

Just thought I'd let you know what I'm finding so far after a fresh install of 1.1:

1. Engine sound increases with full power  :Big Grin:  Nice one!

2. Seems like you need more thrust on final approach to maintain speed, but could be my imagination..haven't really tested it.

3. Plane will still not load in a cold/dark state - battery & avionics still on by default even though the flight file loading has them set to off, and props load unlocked.

4. F/D cue is still a pain in the arse to get it to turn off, especially after landing while having only NAV mode light engaged...you have to keep playing with it by pushing certain modes on and off and STBY a few times...takes about 5 minutes of playing around to finally get it off.

5. APP mode light still does not turn on (autopilot OFF, GTN750 LPV approach active...app light will not come on and you don't know if it is even armed or captured).

Also...think I found a typo in the gtn750panel.cfg under the vcockpit33 you have both the clock and vcrain as gauge00. The clock seems to be working, not sure about the rain as I haven't tested it.

Edited by n4gix
Changed smiley to cheesy grin...

I just completed the first circuit at KSEA. My impressions are:

Flight model is a lot more stable. Best landing yet.

AltSel still does not work. Blew right through on climb out. It had been intermittent before.

Could not descend with AP on. Set lower altitude, set AltSel, Set VS, Clicked pitch down and the plane pitched UP. Had to descend manually.

APR and VLOC captured but the plane will still not hold the glideslope.

RMI works great

Hey Hangar, if you get a chance. If you post. these results to the flysimwate store contact us link; Mark gets them right away, and usually responds fairly quickly.This ensures he knows for sure about the issues.

Have Fun! Getting better and better.

Best,

David

hanger, when you mention the engine sound increasing with power, you used a rolling eyes emoticon.

Are you saying this is a good or bad thing. Little confused by the emoticon, yet the font is green

Thank for clarification

Best,

David

I thought it was a good thing, since it's closer to the real plane...and hearing it after installing 1.1 really put a smile on my face :-)

I didn't realize I chose the rolling eyes, I was really looking to use just a regular smiley face at the time and thought that was it.

I thought it was a good thing, since it's closer to the real plane...and hearing it after installing 1.1 really put a smile on my face :-)

Since it was an error in selection, I've taken the liberty to...

Change your rolling eyes smiley to cheesy grin... :Big Grin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, Bill...I know why I missed it now...I needed to press the right arrow to see more emoticons and I didn't notice that earlier and picked the best one I found on the first selection screen :Silly:

Hey hangar. Just FYI. To get the best from the sound enhancement:

On taxi try and keep around 20% torque or less. With the FSUIPC dynamic friction lua should taxi well.

When you get ready to increase the condition levers to takeoff, have the torque at 20%. It should do a fairly nice transition from there.

With the updated flight model, you'll be around 30-40% torque so sounds should not shift to the lower(ie condition levers taxi) till going into reverse and back.

But, it's the closest I could get based on realworld flights and vids I watched of takeoffs.  It's fairly close, given FSX limitations.

I re-installed version 1.0 again, and copied the air and aircraft conffig from1.1. That is till Mark can figure out why the A/P vertical modes stopped working in 1.1

Now I have a decent flying airplane with the autopilot working better.

Have Fun!

David

HI Dave (I'm Dave too)...

are you a member of the dev team or just a customer? Have you also been using the GTN750 version of the plane and noticing the APP light doesnt work on LPV approaches?...Are you also having troubles turning off the F/D after landing like me?...im wondering if others are having similar troubles because I got an email back saying that they didnt see my issues in their testing last nite.

I think if they can get all this a/p and f/d stuff worked out and then figure out how to get the plane to load cold & dark that it could end up being one of my fav planes...it's pretty neat. Hopefully in the future they could upgrade the model to include the nicer taxi/landing lights that illuminate the ground (forgot what they call those newer style lights...but all the other devs are using them these days). I wouldnt mind paying extra down the line for a 2nd model like a solitaire with -10 engines faster performance 300+ktas :-)

Hi Dave. No just a customer trying to help out a little.

Yes, to both.   Hope Mark will get things sorted out for everyone.

Have Fun!

David

Ok, maybe you should make them aware that besides what you emailed them about that you're also having the same iisues as I am...he made it sound like I was alone...but im not sure.