Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D Cannot Find The Default Aircraft Files

Hello.

Last night i wasn't doing anything different other then taking pics of Sedona and getting them ready for my Thread today, i closed P3D and the last thing i done before i turned down my PC was run an update on my Anti virus, Bitfinder, this is something i do on a very regular bases.  Got up this morning, clicked into P3D and got this message, clicked on it and then the second message of terror popped up,  i knew i was in trouble.  

17179788749_6bd91abe28_o.pngCapture.PNG p3d error by *poppet*[/url], on Flickr

17366013625_84bc9d2fcd_o.pngCapture.PNG p3d error 2 by *poppet*[/url], on Flickr

I decided this time and not like all the other times,  that banging my head against my monitor until i passed out was neither helpful or healthy.  After 45 minutes searching the web and gathering all the information i could find, i realized the first step was to delete the  Prepar3D.cfg that i found in here C:\Users\*poppet*\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\  and load P3D again but to no avail,  i was still getting that terrible message.    Before i go any further,  when i found the the Prepar3D.cfg file i also found my Shader Cache !! How cool is that,  there was a whole host of goodies in there.        

My second attempt was to delete the whole Lockheed Martin file including my Shader Cache and run the P3D installer and repair all the files,  funny enough that didn't work either.  Now i was out of all ideas.
In the end,  i tore down the whole thing and started from scratch. Everything is back to normal again.

Here is my Question
When exiting out of P3d or ending a flight is there a special way?  Or can you just click the the X at the top right?  

Is this the right,  to bring up this tab and then click Exit Prepard3D or does it actually make a difference ? 

17186156529_7b017ff7da_o.png

Elaine, I had this same error message flag up a few weeks ago, and like you I was racking my tiny brain. I thought maybe going back to an old cfg would do the trick. Did not. In the end I had to do a re-install but only of Prepar3D back to the previous folder location and all was well. Sceneries, etc remained where they were. And I think my screw-up happened when I tried to install FSX aircraft that I thought would show up in P3D.

I exit the flight by just hitting Esc and then closing it from the menu presented as yiu have displayed.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Welcome New Members!" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I have had this problem arise twice, both can be associated after I installed the CS727.  It does not happen immediately, there is something about the reboots and the files, but eventually you will lose your plane library.  It was because of this issue that I discovered Macrium for backing and restoring my drives.

I never found the exact culprit, but I am 100% assured that it was the Captain Sim and it was with 727  and the 757.

And I think my screw-up happened when I tried to install FSX aircraft that I thought would show up in P3D.

I exit the flight by just hitting Esc and then closing it from the menu presented as yiu have displayed.

Hello Rick, thank you for your reply.  Yes it was a strange one alright,  quite possible i moved something or other.  

This topic has been moved from "Welcome New Members!" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

Sorry,i didn't realize i done that 

I have had this problem arise twice, both can be associated after I installed the CS727.  It does not happen immediately, there is something about the reboots and the files, but eventually you will lose your plane library.  It was because of this issue that I discovered Macrium for backing and restoring my drives.

I never found the exact culprit, but I am 100% assured that it was the Captain Sim and it was with 727  and the 757.

Thank you for your reply and input,  much appreciated. 

The locations of the aircraft in P3D v2.5 are specified in the file:

"C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\simobjects.cfg"

[Entry.0]
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
[Entry.1]
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
[Entry.2]
[Entry.9]
Path=D:\MyPlanes\Props

In FSX the aircraft locaions are specified in the Main section of fsx.cfg:

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.6=D:\MyPlanes\Props

:smile:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

The locations of the aircraft in P3D v2.5 are specified in the file:

"C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\simobjects.cfg"

Thank you Steve for your input. 

A gent of your knowledge  :p0310:  stumbling into this thread,  :dance:   not clever at all   :spiteful:   But now that your here,  i have locked the door  :He He:

If this problem was to happen again, is there any thing in this area  "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\simobjects.cfg"  i can do that can  reverse the damage.   Like deleting a corrupt file or anything like that? 

Thank you, thank you, thank you,  thank you

Yes, you can at least check the folders specified in the cfg are correct. And then another thing is to ensure you have no repeating aircraft in those folders.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

We will go with that. Thank you Steve for the information.

I also had this problem once. It turned out the default flight was somehow located in a different folder. When I copied it back to the correct folder, everything worked perfectly. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Last sunday, I experienced this issue.

Nothing works to repair the simulator.  Then I serched for the default flight in P3D, which is located in C:\User\Your Name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2. 

As I remember (now I´m not in front of my simulator PC), the file is called "Default flight.FXML", I opened it with an editor and I compared this file with the name of the file, then I could notice that the name of the file was changed form "Default flight.FXML" to "Default_flight.FXML".

When I erased the symbol "_", and restarted the simulator, magically it return to life and started normally with the default F22 aircraft as allways.

For some strange rason, the simulator in the shutdown changed this file name and also other file in the same folder named "Default weather.FXML" to "Default_weather:FXML".

This information may be usefull avoiding a full simulator reinstalation.

Finally excuse any mistakes in my english, because it is not my native language.

Regards.

Hugo Rodriguez

also had this problem once. It turned out the default flight was somehow located in a different folder. When I copied it back to the correct folder, everything worked perfectly. 

Nothing works to repair the simulator.  Then I serched for the default flight in P3D, which is located in C:\User\Your Name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2. 
As I remember (now I´m not in front of my simulator PC), the file is called "Default flight.FXML", I opened it with an editor and I compared this file with the name of the file, then I could notice that the name of the file was changed form "Default flight.FXML" to "Default_flight.FXML".
When I erased the symbol "_", and restarted the simulator, magically it return to life and started normally with the default F22 aircraft as allways.
For some strange rason, the simulator in the shutdown changed this file name and also other file in the same folder named "Default weather.FXML" to "Default_weather:FXML".

Very interesting,   Thank you Brynjar and Hugo.   This is all starting to make sense now.

Thanks to everyone  :rolleyes:

Hugo, did you install any planes just prior to finding this problem?  As I have said I have only seen this occur with P3D after installing Captain Sim 727.

Hugo, did you install any planes just prior to finding this problem?  As I have said I have only seen this occur with P3D after installing Captain Sim 727.

No, I didn´t install any airplane or scenery, just I was using the simulator and shutted down it.   A few minutes after when I tried to start again P3D, the problem started.

My P3D v.2.5. version is 12942.

I was using the simulator and shutted down it.   A few minutes after when I tried to start again P3D, the problem started.
My P3D v.2.5. version is 12942.

Exactly what happened to me.  I'm using, version is 12945.  With the information on this thread i wont have to Re-Install everything again.