Sign in to follow this  
neucoas

Bush aircraft recommendations

I'd like to hear recommendations about planes to do bush flying over idaho and other places.

I love pipers cubs and im planning to buy a2a ones, but i want something more powerful too.

These are my choises so far:

1) RA Scout package: is a bit old, and i am afraid that is not DX10 compatible. Could someone confirm this ?

2) Flight Replicas Super Cub: this is my first choice, but i have read issues with contact points, and no fix.

Are there others options? Which are the best bush flying (cub style) planes? I will consider any option.

Thanks

Cheers :)

N.-

Do not know about DX10, but the Scout is still the best out there IMHO, and a joy to fly.

One of my all time favorite planes.

Bert

Do not know about DX10, but the Scout is still the best out there IMHO, and a joy to fly.

One of my all time favorite planes.

Many thanks

N.-

Flight 1 (Digital Aviation) DO27 and FSD Pilatus Porter are both outstanding STOL aircraft ---  both are pretty unique

Cessna C185F 'Bush' (Carenado)

DHC-2 Beaver (Aerosoft)

DHC-6 Twin Otter 'extended' (Aerosoft)

Thanks guys, i will check them out!

Isn't there a 2014 release bush plane?  :lol: All them seems pretty old 

N.-

DHC-6 Twin Otter 'extended' (Aerosoft)  is last year's  B)

... but is a much bigger plane!

Bert

LHC Piper Pacer is nice, released 2013'ish 

Barry Friedman

I love pipers cubs and im planning to buy a2a ones, but i want something more powerful too.

In fact, I strongly recommend A2A C182. It is a perfect bush plane. With its power reserve, you can perform quick go around if something goes wrong.

See video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YIzR9TisUg

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks guys. I will think about the A2A C182.. I just wanted something with bush tires  :P but nothing convinces me to purchase, its a hard task.

Im still listening to opinions 

N.-

2) Flight Replicas Super Cub: this is my first choice, but i have read issues with contact points, and no fix.

I've been using the Bush version of the FR Super Cub for years... never noticed a problem with the contact points.  The graphics are a little dated... but so is the Super Cub  :lol:.  I don't think you'll be disappointed... it flies really nice... one of the better kept secrets in FSX.

If you like the bush plane "look",  consider the Lionheart Kodiak.

It was designed as a rugged bush plane from the start.

Built by the Quest Aircraft Corporation in Sandpoint Idaho  B)

If you get it, contact me via PM for an avionics update.

Bert

I'd choose a C-170, a C-206, a Maule, or else the good old Gooney Bird; it's got Bushwheels, too!

:smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

My goto is the C185 'Bush' package from Carenado.  I always switch to flying it for a bit, regardless of what else I'm into.  One of my favorite aircraft in the sim.  The textures aren't quite the current Carenado standard, but I quite like them, as they have a very 'aged' feel.

Also, for something a bit different in a true 'bush' plane, the An-2 from Sibwings is hard to beat.  It might not be a North American 'classic' bush plane, but the thing literally defines STOL, was built like a tractor, and is a very nicely put together package for FSX.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I agree on the Carenado 185. The cfg needs some small tweaks but it looks and feels right. I flew RW 185 for 5 years --- loved it