Sign in to follow this  
neucoas

Bush aircraft recommendations

I'd choose a C-170, a C-206, a Maule, or else the good old Gooney Bird; it's got Bushwheels, too!

:smile:

Is there a hight quality Maule? 

Im not convinced with Carenado 185F. Mostly because its $46 the whole pack.

I liked the Kodiac. I dont like the G1000, but its on my list

Cheers :)

N.-

I am a really big fan of the C185 to be sure (especially once I had Bernt Stolle's tweaked files in place), but every time I go back and do a replay of a landing (which I like to do as a technique review), the way the plane interacts with the ground upon landing just looks "stiff" and very "disconnected" from the environment of the simulator for lack of a better way to describe it - a poor description to be sure, but I can't really convey it any differently. 

My bush weapon of choice at the moment is Piglet's Porter - if the real plane is even half as capable as this thing is in the sim, I would accept no substitute for it  :im Not Worthy:

Carenado's C-207 is also a good bush plane. The missions you want to fly will dictate the aircraft. Some early 737's still do bush flying. DC-3 is still a good pick. It all depends, once again, on the mission.

Don

In fact, I strongly recommend A2A C182. It is a perfect bush plane. With its power reserve, you can perform quick go around if something goes wrong.

See video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YIzR9TisUg

Thanks for posting that,  very cool stuff.  

I like the C182 also,  very nice plane,  has everything and everything works

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Im not convinced with Carenado 185F. Mostly because its $46 the whole pack.

Keep in mind that the Bush pack is standalone; you don't need the standard version if you don't want it.  That said, Carenado usually has a big xmas sale, the older aircraft are a much better value at 50% off. ^_^

Piglet's PC-6 is a darn good bush plane as well, and the price is right!  I'm very, very much looking forward to the Turbo Porter currently in progress by Marcel Felde.  His DA-20 is pretty much my favorite aircraft in FSX, I can't wait to see what he does with the Porter.

It's a very valid point that any plane can be a bush plane.  The 737-200c by Milviz can be a very capable candidate as well!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

neucoas,

If you can, wait until the Holidays; Carenado's products always go on sale during that time, and for a good price! (EDIT: Jimmy beat me to it!)

The 'standard' for the Maule is Mikko Malenemi's (sp?) FS9 version; I do not know how it works in FSX.

In fact, many airplanes will work in the Idaho backcountry; like Donmo said, it depends on the mission. I know of a fellow that flies all over the Intermountain West, touring all of the 'backcountry' airstrips in a Red and Black Mooney M20!

:smile:

EDIT: The C-185 is very fun to fly, but it does take a bit of practice to land without bouncing!

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Wow guys, many thanks! I think i will go to A2A C182, that YT vid really convinced me (also i could do cross-country), but I will wait until holidays for some bargains (i hope  :P )

Very interesting! Mercy :)

Edit: i tried it, i think its better quality VC than the carenado C185, and totally free. Thanks again.

Also sorry to all if my English was poor quality. I can read, listen and understand without problems, but sometime trying to explain myself is very hard.

Cheers :)

N.-

I'd like to hear recommendations about planes to do bush flying over idaho and other places.

I love pipers cubs and im planning to buy a2a ones, but i want something more powerful too.

These are my choises so far:

1) RA Scout package: is a bit old, and i am afraid that is not DX10 compatible. Could someone confirm this ?

2) Flight Replicas Super Cub: this is my first choice, but i have read issues with contact points, and no fix.

Are there others options? Which are the best bush flying (cub style) planes? I will consider any option.

Thanks

I'd go for the RealAir Citabria/Decathlon/Scout collection. Definitely DX10 compatible (complete with cockpit shadows) and you get three different types at a bargain price. Even though they're a few years old, they still have excellent VCs. You can fly aeros in the Decathlon, IFR in the Citabria and the Scout comes with tundra tyres!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

IMO nothing with a nose wheel qualifies as a bush plane.

And I have several of the aforementioned airplanes.

That being said, I still tend to fly the Aerosoft Beaver merged with the default Beaver VC whenever I want to "beat the bush".

Nothing, I repeat, nothing beats a Beaver in the bush.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Early on someone mentioned the DHC series.  I was introduced to the C-7A Caribou in Viet Nam.  Rugged, indestructable and will almost land in a mud puddle!  For FSX I have the DHC-5 Buffalo.  Perfect for transporting cargo into remote areas with short or NO runways.  If you need tons of cargo space try the C-17.  I have snagged it off 5-6000 foot runways with near max weight in fuel and cargo.  For me this is my favorite form of "pleasure flying!"