Sign in to follow this  
lowew79

J41 buttons click boxes way to small (first launch only)

Hey everyone,

In the first 20 minutes of owning this aircraft, i was figuring out how I was going to try and get my money back with the 90 day warranty in the EULA.  Not because the plane was too difficult to use, or startup, in fact the documentation and tutorial was very well written.

The problems was that for some reason, on the first launch in FSX, the click boxes were impossible to find, even sitting still and zoomed all the way in.  It took 40 minutes to get the battery switch turned on!.  My cursor would turn into a hand, and I would click, nothing, right click, nothing (except that annoying view menu it summons).  I just clicked madly unitl I finally seemed to find it somehow.

it was like this during the entire startup. Once I DID get into the sky it seemed to get worse.  I couldn't manipulate vital controls without zooming ALL the way in, and even that didn't work most of the time.  I went into an overspeed and crashed while zoomed into the pedestal trying to raise flaps!

BUT, after the crash and reload, it worked fine for some reason, the buttons were working as expected and all was perfectly fine.

Any ideas what that might have been?  Maybe I had a program open behind FSX and it was messing things up?

At any rate, I wanted to post the issue here in case it happenes to anyone else.

So..​If you're new J41's buttons seem unclickable, restart the sim.

Are you following the rules for loading sophisticated addon aircraft in FSX? Namely:

• Don't load the addon aircraft directly from a saved flight (unless expressly stated this is permissible)

• Ensure the default flight utilises a default aircraft (normally the Ultralight trike), before switching into an addon aircraft in the create-a-flight menu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Yes I was following the procedures as outlined in the tutorial, including the items you mentioned above.  I did have a web page or something (I can't remember now) up "behind" FSX, which may have confused my mouse.  

At any rate is hasn't happened since initial startup, knock on wood.