Sign in to follow this  
pedrojack

Getting OpusFSI Working?

Hey

I downloaded the Demo of the OpusFSX, and I've installed based on the procedures on the GettingStartedSinglePC Pdf.

After that, I run FSX, and then Opus, but nothing happens, no change of weather, I don't even get any information on the Opus, so It doesn't seem at all that it is connected.

Then I hit spy button, and it says that SIM is connected, but under that it says: SIM Air Folder = Unknown

I have the FSX installed on Disk D:\, and tried the Opus installed on disk D:\ and C:\, and didn't work anyway.

So I really don't know what do to more, I think, unfortunately, I'll quit trying to use OpusFSX :/

Thank you

I assume you mean OpusFSI as OpusFSX is no longer sold. Just install on a single drive in accord with the guide and step through all sections of the guide. After installation you will need to run and configure the FSISERVER program. You will also need to read and follow the instructions in Recommended Practices. Note, by default, if you enable Live Weather you still have to specify your Destination and Cruise Altitude then use the Update Weather option to initiate the first weather download, generation, and injection. OpusFSI will not by default inject any weather without you configuring it and starting things using the Update option in the Weather dialog. You will need to have stepped through all instructions in the guide as well to make sure your sharing and permissions are set up correctly.

Stephen :-)

Of course, OpusFSI works perfectly, it's only your setup and configuration which is incomplete so step through the guide and set your system up.

You've only done part of the setup and it sounds like no configuration of the FSISERVER program. It will need to know what sim type and your sims install folder location, you will need to initiate the weather generation etc.. Seems like you have only just installed the software at present and nothing else.

Thank you for the fast answer. 
I took some time and did everything it says after the installation...

I opened FSX and hit spy, and it says this:  

SIM  Air Folder = Unknown

MET  Dynamic Weather Not Updated

I don't know what to do, I configured the FSX folder on OpusFSI, I selected the Destination, Altitude, and hit Update Weather when FSX was open and I don't know much more...

This is what I've been doing: Open OpusFSI, then Open FSX, then fill the Destination, etc, and Update Weather... Should I be doing something else?

Thank you

First, in DEMO mode you must be on the ground? It will not generate weather whilst airborne. Also you should have the flight loaded otherwise the sim isn't really running or ready to accept any weather data. For a start Opus will have no idea where you are. Once you load the actual flight at your point of departure, Opus will know what aircraft you have selected and also actually know where you are in the world.

So load the flight. Then open the FSISERVER Spy window and make sure your aircraft has been reported to Opus. Then open the Weather dialog, specify your Destination and Cruise Altitude (you will need >= 4000 feet for GRIB data), then click on Update Weather.

You should now see the GRIB downloaded, processed in Spy, finally all the METARs downloaded for your current weather region (that's why the flight must be loaded so that Opus knows where you are and hence what METARs to download to generate your weather map). GRIB progress is also reported in the on screen reports. Finally the weather will be injected into the sim.

Did that, but still doesn't work. Isn't it supposed to be "OpusFSI" on the Add-ons tab on the sim?

I think this is actually a problem with the connection with the simulator. I tried other programs before and some had this problem too. They didn't know that the FSX was On...

I will try it on my other computer where FSX actually runs better. Then I'll post it here.

Thank you very much anyway for you answers and help!

Nothing to do with that.

What does Spy say ?

Did you see the GRIB and METAR downloads ?

This is most likely a very simple set up or operation problem. Show or tell me what happens when you load the flight then open Spy ... what does it say. What does it say after clicking on Update Weather in the FSISERVER programs Weather dialog?

No need to use the Addon Menu.

I have not said to use any option listed there as that is NOT how you update the weather.

You MUST use the Weather dialog to specify things so leave the Addon menu alone for now.

I assume you have SimConnect installed on your sim. You can use our supplied SimConnect.msi to install or repair your SimConnect interface.

After first running FSX and loading your flight. After you run the FSISERVER program in your c:\OpusFSI folder...

Does Spy say what mode it's working in and that it's connected?

Yes, I know, I just saw someone on youtube with it, and thought it wasn't normal.

Yes, I've installed SimConnect on the OpusFSI folder.

No, I can't see any METAR on the spy, the only thing it says is:

SIM  Connected to Simulator - Microsoft FSX Mode

Then, Update Weather, and nothing changes on the spy...

I know this seems that I'm doing something that is obvious wrong, but believe me when I say that I did everything what the Pdf says, and of course, loaded the flight in the sim.

With the flight loaded and the FSISERVER Spy window open,

In the sim, select a different aircraft type, you should see reported in the Spy window something like,

SIM Event: Sim Stop

SIM Event: Sim Start

SIM Event: Air Folder = name of the aircraft you have just loaded

Also in the sims Add On menu you should see a list of OpusFSI options available, such as,

OpusFSI Reports

OpusFSI Live Weather

OpusFSI Live Camera

Etc..

Of course, your loaded flight must be sat on the ground. You must not be airborne.

Also open your Weather dialog and click on Defaults. This will make sure you have no mode such as the Import METAR mode enabled. Do the same for each of the weather sub dialogs (Download, Stabilisation, and Preferences dialogs) to make sure everything is configured Ok.

After loaded the flight, opened Spy, changed Aircraft, and the spy didn't change:

SIM  Connected to Simulator - Microsoft FSX Mode

Changed once again, nothing happened.
Tried everything on default and nothing changed on the spy, or FSX.
And on the menu, the only thing I have on the Add-on, is FSUIPC, nothing about OpusFSI.
That's why I think there some kind of problem connecting FSX to the Add-on software. 

You definitely have a SimConnect problem or problem with your FSX installation. The FSISERVER program has not connected correctly to the actual sim or your sim is operating in some strange mode. If it had connected and your sim was operational you would see the OpusFSI Addon menu options registered in the sim, you would also see the sim events reported in the Spy window. With no Addon menu registered and no events there is something seriously wrong with your FSX setup and operation.