Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Does anyone run their own finances with Flight sim?

I don't care what flight simulator you use.

I'm would like to know if anyone keeps track of their own finances outside of their flightsim?

I don't mean using FSPassengers, FSEconomy or AirHauler or any of those programs. I find them to be extremely unrealistic.

Let me know.

Thanks

Ciao!

At first I thought you meant keeping track of the actual finances involved with the hobby (buying addons, etc) and was thinking lord no ........ I'd be in too much trouble if they ever got found by the missus!

I thought you meant to type ruin not run  :lol:

I thought you meant.............actually I'm lost

I guess I'm kind of curious as to how one would go about doing that. Presumably you'd have to know the operating cost of the aircraft or something or....now I'm lost....

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I don't get it!

Stan

I keep track of fuel costs etc. if that's what you mean?

You can figure fuel costing around $4-7 a gallon for 100LL and $4-7 for JetA the price varies a lot. At my local airport 100LL is $3.80 a gallon I flew to Birmingham yesterday and it was $6.25 a gallon

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Fuel, insurance, etc.

I think I'll have to wait for AirHauler v2.

I was hoping for SimAir by Rex but that went downhill.

Ciao!

Well when I fly somewhere I log my fuel in at each destination. Whenever I load up the next flight I start with that much fuel and fill up to what I need for the flight I am about to start. I look at the current fuel prices for the airport and FBO I am at and log how much I fill and how much it cost. Each month I add it up as an expense.

I only started doing this because I have been following the PGA Tour schedule every week with a BE60 Turbine Duke and a BBJ2 and was curious what the fuel expense was for this tour. It has made FSX a lot more fun and immersive for me. I even try to load up on fuel at airports which have cheap fuel when I am flying to somewhere where it is considerably more. In addition I have adopted procedures such as single engine taxi when needed to cut costs.

I thought you meant to type ruin not run 

:LMAO:

Ryan

I still don't get it?

lol

I get it now,  didn't last night. 

Fuel, insurance, etc.

I think I'll have to wait for AirHauler v2.

I was hoping for SimAir by Rex but that went downhill.

I have to say Brian its something i have never even thought of Or even thought of doing,   its very interesting i have to say.

Well when I fly somewhere I log my fuel in at each destination. Whenever I load up the next flight I start with that much fuel and fill up to what I need for the flight I am about to start. I look at the current fuel prices for the airport and FBO I am at and log how much I fill and how much it cost. Each month I add it up as an expense.

I'm really showing my innocence here but that's fascinating stuff Brett 

I wonder if something like QuickBooks (an Accounting Package) would be usable?  Or maybe even Quicken if your just doing personal use.

There are probably  software for small operations; of course, you don't say if you want it for  personal or cargo or passenger.

Well here http://www.thirtythousandfeet.com/soft.htm

10700k / Gigabyte 3060