Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.12

What type of scenery objects are those hangars?  Generic building, maybe?

Yeah, looks like I'm not converting those or beacons.  I guess I have something else to add to my list.  I might work on these first as I think it will make the airports a little more interesting.

Here is a start.  Obviously I need to fix the mappings to Flight procedural buildings, but I think I found a list of them from FSX, so that should help.  Sizes and angles look right which is good.

GenericBuildingConversion.png

Having airport buildings would be a great addition... airports look so barren in the current state.

Ken

Hi Steve.

Going to Brazil to look at the some Tropical Rainforest shows no autogen at all. -20.4904776800632, -51.5413712252309, 530.180182516166

Dick

Hmm, it could be the same issue as the winter trees, where the groupings in Flight are not complete.  Do you know if that is a new problem or could have always existed?

Loaded 1.1.12.  Seemed to load OK, but no taxiway markers for me.

Did you run the conversion again? I see taxiway signs now.

Hi Steve.

Missing autogen in 1.1.8 as well. Beans and Corn autogen missing in the same general location. I'm sure other areas of the world as well.

Dick

@majuh and

My toolkit installs always do complete and give me a flyable World.  However, I do get hundreds of errors and warnings. 

Towards the end I always get the message "If this addon, is disabled, other associated addons will be disabled also.  Continue?"

This is immediately followed by "Failed to completely uninstall addon. Some files may have been uninstalled properly.  The process cannot access the file "FSXWorldAutogen0.pak" because it is being used by another process."   The only process running is the conversion. I do a reboot before starting the conversion. 

The conversion process normally spits out a lot of warnings.  The other things could be a permissions issue.  You could try manually uninstalling the FSX world, and manually deleting all the related files in the DLC folder to make sure it all gets deleted properly.  Do you have any other addons installed which depend on the FSX world addon?

@majuh and

My toolkit installs always do complete and give me a flyable World.  However, I do get hundreds of errors and warnings. 

Towards the end I always get the message "If this addon, is disabled, other associated addons will be disabled also.  Continue?"

This is immediately followed by "Failed to completely uninstall addon. Some files may have been uninstalled properly.  The process cannot access the file "FSXWorldAutogen0.pak" because it is being used by another process."   The only process running is the conversion. I do a reboot before starting the conversion. 

I also had that error in 1.1.12, so I manually uninstalled the FSX World addon with the Addon Manager and ran the conversion again. I think the conversion is not successful until the program explicitely states it.

I use the BoundaryFixes addon that requires the FSX World addon; maybe that's the reason why the FSX World addon can't be uninstalled properly in the conversion process.

I would suggest that you at least disable the BoundryFixes and the C59 addons before uninstalling and reinstalling FSX World scenery. Also its possible the issues these correct may be fixed at some point so may become unneeded.

Also it might be helpful to try adding the " /a " switch to the end of your command, this will just create an addon instead of actually installing it. then you manually uninstall the old one and add the new one.

Stonelance, those addons (cant remember from who) where to add some scenery/textures? he thought was missing in a 'boundry' area between Alaska and Canada maybe?  I didn't bother using them but remember seeing them posted.

Stonelance, those addons (cant remember from who) where to add some scenery/textures? he thought was missing in a 'boundry' area between Alaska and Canada maybe?  I didn't bother using them but remember seeing them posted.

There were some airports which did not show at all in border area of Alaska and Canada, that was the fix for (BoundaryFixes).

I too had to disable BoundaryFixes and uninstall FSXWorld addon with the Addon Manager and then run the conversion again and now have the airport signs and no more 'magenta' areas. Thank you all for your help.

-eelis-

The BoundaryFixes did fix a few of the "funny" airports and missing airports.  It was a good compromise but there are still half a dozen that do not add to the unique airport count when you land there.\