Sign in to follow this  
Guest tubularusa

One Way AI Traffic - Parks/Take-off Ok BUT Not Consecutively

Guest tubularusa

I have a small airport which I essentially looped the parking area so that the aircraft would parallel park in front of the terminal then go forward to take-off. If I start FS9 and go watch the aircraft land and park, it goes exactly where I wanted. If I change the time (or exit and update the time) to just before the aircraft is scheduled to depart, it leaves the parking area going forward (without pushback) perfectly.However, if I watch the aircraft land, park, and later takeoff again without changing the time or reloading the game, the aircraft pushes back for some reason and then goes back the way it came in. How can I change this behavior so that this doesn't happen?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/121360.jpg

Guest tubularusa

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about this parking/routing problem. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hi,Break the runway somewhere in the middle, so the place where the plane exits the runway is in the other half from the start of the runway. (I mean the black runway line should have a small break in it; the visible runway can remain whole). Then create taxiways from the exit half of the runway into the parking place. And create taxiways from the parking place exit to the start of the runway. These taxiways should NOT be connected in any way. They may cross each other, but should NOT have a connecting node at the intersection.This usually only works for using one end of the runway, though.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I belive that you need to add a connector from the first point past the parking spot directly to the taxiway. The way I see your connecting points, if the plane departs the gate straight out (like you have it planned) it follows the blue dots past the other gates before taking the diagonal taxiway out to the runway end at the southwest corner of this picture. If departures are from the northeast end, the shortest route to the runway is the way the plane came in so that is why it does a pushback. (FS strategy is that a plane takes the shortest route to the end of the runway. The way you designed the entrance into the "drive-thru" gate adds the extra distance to usually force it to go forward.)

Guest tubularusa

I broke the runway and routed the taxiway so that upon landing, the aircraft would have to exit and go the correct direction into the parking spot, then would have to go the proper direction to the opposite end of the runway for take-off. However when I did this the aicraft goes past the break spot on the runway and goes the opposite way into the parking spot.I've spent hours with this - it's a very simple airport, but I just can't make this happen. Do you have any ideas what I may be missing?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/122464.jpg

Hi,I am assuming the plane is landing and taking off from the right to the left in your image.If the plane is going past the break, then you have things set up incorrectly. Leave the break where it is, but connect the NEXT exit left to the parking place ENTRANCE. The parking EXIT has to be connected to the RIGHT end of the runway/taxiways, WITHOUT being connected to the LEFT half of the taxiway system (used for exiting the runway/entering the parking spot). Remember that taxiways can cross each other WITHOUT being connected to each other.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Kingair315

>However, if I watch the aircraft land, park, and later takeoff>again without changing the time or reloading the game, the>aircraft pushes back for some reason and then goes back the>way it came in. If you do not set your own weather, the wind direction may be changing, so aircraft behave differently. As I have my system set to use real time weather, even though prevailing winds are from the west... they sometimes change. Then, I find all aircraft using the opposite runway to take off.> How can I change this behavior so that this>doesn't happen?>The only way I know positively is what one person suggested. Closing the end of the runway you do not want used. This may help...(In the top of your image, there is a box with an X across the taxi line. This is a "closed taxi link." (Closed Taxi Links have the same characteristics as normal taxi links but ATC will not route user or AI aircraft down taxiways made with these links. Note that X's are not actually drawn on closed taxiways.)Ive Closed the end of specific runways in Long Beach, which has 5 Runways. Ive got it so aircraft all use the longest one for departures in either direction, but there are no landings. Military AI. aircraft use four shorter runways two for arrivals, two for departures with taxi routing to them controlled. This makes for CROSS traffic at the end of some of the runways. This works, the long one for departures. The short for landings. Aircraft landing, are on the ground or taxiing, and heading for a ramp. Departing aircraft are already in the air, before reaching where the runways cross.