Sign in to follow this  
utd4life

Earth Simulations scenery - available here!

Well, you've still got "Some of the best scenery ever made"...and a proven though complex install process.

Basically

• Deinstall any copies of the installer you may have
  • Disconnect from the internet
  • Install the installer associated with the scenery
  • Install the scenery
  • Reconnect the internet

Simples...

Though I still haven't installed Isle of Man yet...

Cheers

Keith

Keith, that's if you've actually got the offline installer. If not, and you'd earlier bought the scenery, installed it using the regular installer, and then only later have to reinstall, you're just out of luck. Like me...

James

Yep, I've got the online installer thingy - no DVD. Because of the ES bloatware and poor installer I quit ES after buying the Scilly scenery. I really wanted everything Darren and Wicki (?) made, but they insited on making things as difficult as possible for download customers, so I spent my money elsewhere. I've got a few other broken addons as well caused by similar problems, but I've learned my lesson and prefer freeware these days. Rarely as good, but no hassle and no money lost.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It is a real shame. The Isle of Man scenery was one of the best I've ever seen in the sim, period. Agree with the installers headache though, they really didn't help matters.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

If only we could make contact with Darren and Vicki. I would love to be able to find a solution for those existing customers who are affected by this......

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That would have been great. I think John V. of ORBX tried to get a deal with them, but lucked out.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

If only we could make contact with Darren and Vicki. I would love to be able to find a solution for those existing customers who are affected by this......

Not going to happen, D&V have made a clean break from all sim contacts AFAIK. I know where they are and have contact info for them. I tried to establish some communication with them but didnt get a reply. Im going to respect their wish for privacy now and not start hassling them.

Cheers K

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

While I genuinely respect their wish for a new start, this sad episode ultimately goes to show that we should all be VERY wary of buying into DRM systems that rely on a connection to a server that may not exist in future. Caveat emptor.

James

• Upvote 2