Sign in to follow this  
chintzo

number of passengers

Hi fellow js4100 simmers.

Is there any way of adjusting the load sheet to show more than 20 passengers. It seems to only allow 2 per row rather than 3. My only reason for this is because I'm using fspax and the numbers don't add up.

I'm flying the bmi version but have tried the default liveries.

All the best

Roy

The aircraft is not wide enough for three abreast seating. The AOM doesn't provide the dimension but it might be 1.4m (4.5 ft) at the most. Notice the cockpit is just wide enough for two seats and a narrow center console.  I am not familiar with fspax, but the guy who owns PMDG has many hours in this type and I'll defer to him over something called fspax..

Dan Downs KCRP

If that's how it is then forgive me. However if you type jetstream 41 cabin into Google you'll see photos of 1 seat port, 2 seats starboard with 10 rows.

Although I've not been aboard a JS41 I used to build the JS32 which had similar layout only with less rows. Typically 19 seats.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if it was easy enough to change the numbers.

Fspax - Fspassengers.

Thanks Roy, you're right and I learned something.. 2x1 seating just like the JS31 according to Wikipedia.  I can guess why PMDG went 1x1:  Pure performance, they wanted to minimize the load on the interior model by reducing the number of avatars.  As it is they look like a pretty tough bunch, maybe on a flight to a remote oil drilling rig.  Changing the configuration and updating the load sheet is not going to happen.  I look at passengers as part of the payload and the only time a pilot needs to know the number on board is when declaring an emergency; otherwise, weight is weight.

Dan Downs KCRP

Looks like my passengers will be exec class with lots of room for exec thinking. I'll just put the ticket prices up to compensate for the lack of numbers.

Thanks for confirming I wasn't losing my mind.

The cabin is about 2 meters wide actually, minus a bit for insulation and stuff. I haven't flown it for a while, but I would swear that you can load more than 2 pax a row... Might be some flight envelope restrictions. I will try it when I get home this weekend.

I really don't know what everyone in this thread is talking about!

• J41s are all 3 abreast single class seating (except a couple of executive configured ones) seating 29 or 30 passengers.

• Whilst the PMDG J41 loads up with 2 passengers per row, a few clicks on the load sheet will increase it to 3 (for a total of 29 passengers). And they visually appear in their seats, as well as increasing the aircraft's weight.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Whilst the PMDG J41 loads up with 2 passengers per row, a few clicks on the load sheet will increase it to 3 (for a total of 29 passengers). And they visually appear in their seats, as well as increasing the aircraft's weight.

Thank you very much, Chris, for pointing that out.  I am slightly embarrassed that I forgot that feature, only slightly because it's been a few years since the testing and now I don't care because I set weights without much attention paid to pax/bags/cargo. Weight is weight.  But  I should have double checked before trying to help.

Original poster should tag your post as best response.

Dan Downs KCRP

I must be doing something wrong as my choices are 0, 1 or 2.

I shall try again later and report back probably after a dose of face palming.

I must be doing something wrong as my choices are 0, 1 or 2.

See Introduction pg 21:

1. Adjust # of Pax : Right click to increase the number of pax per row. Left click to decrease
the number of pax per row (you can also use your mouse scroll wheel to adjust values).

Hope this helps. Don't be embarrassed, I missed it too.

Dan Downs KCRP

Certain rows only allow 2 (toward the front/back), but the vast majority allow 3. Just keep right clicking, or rolling the mouse wheel.

Kyle Rodgers

It works - sort of.

If I take the number to 0 it will then allow me to adjust to 3. It won't let me go from 2 to 3. But hey, it works.

What's frustrating is I've adjusted the numbers to 0 so many times in the past so it's not an unknown feature for me. And I've tried to go from 2 to 3 without success. But never gone down 0 then back up.

For me it's now another little quirk of the JS4100 and why I love it even more.

Thanks for your help Dan.

Just a thought, I am running fsx steam which might have something to do with it. If it is you can add it to the bug list with the IAS hold not functioning. And before anyone asks, I do know how it works. I haven't always been running on hot air, sorry steam. :)

Just a thought, I am running fsx steam which might have something to do with it.

Yep. If it's not FSX, and it's not an FSX:SE compatible installer (which the J41 is not), then weird stuff happens, as is seen here.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry, I should have declared earlier. I've been running it since Christmas and you tend to forget that it's 2 different platforms. The only reason it came to light is because I've recently bought Fspax which takes passenger numbers into consideration.

I would like to add that since the change over to steam, I've had far fewer problems than I had with my dusty dvd. But that's for another topic.

Had this bird for years and mine always goes 0 to 3 pax except the 1st row which is 0 to 2.