Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Orbx/DTG joint press release tomorrow!

No access to that link, Oliver. Need to sign-in. Not a member.

All it really says it this Rick

""DTG joint press release tomorrow, but it's about FSX:SE only""

Dont think its a yawn for ORBX. They deserve every success they get...cant even imagine flight simming without them. Well done JV and Steam

Very true indeed

They do deserve success, but not by screwing over a big chunk of their user base making them wait for releases on all platforms other than SE.

Don't panic folks!

John Venema, on 23 Apr 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:snapback.png

Anything we offer DTG for Steam will not be aimed at our core "Orbx enthusiast" core customer base, but the casual Steam gamer looking for simple to install DLCs for FSX:SE. This means no FTX Central, no Objectflow, no FTX regions or Global assumed, default autogen and mostly designed for default terrain. In other words, anything DTG publishes from Orbx will be unique to the platform and not really designed for our core customers.

Smart...

By removing ObjectFlow to make "lite" versions of whatever products they're planning on offering, they remove a big compatibility issue whenever FSX:SE gets updated. 

-Greg

Smart...

By removing ObjectFlow to make "lite" versions of whatever products they're planning on offering, they remove a big compatibility issue whenever FSX:SE gets updated. 

-Greg

Will still be an issue for the triple installers.

This means no FTX Central,

Really, No I wouldn't like that, I love my FTX Cetral 2, keeps all my bits and bobs up to date. Lite version? Not really a lite version person. Love the bells and whistles

Yep. JV explained further and I understand what they are doing. 

All publicity is good publicity. That's all this is!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Will still be an issue for the triple installers.

Not if it's for SE only.

Not if it's for SE only.

Jim, they will "port things over" and enhance them for MS, P3D, and the "full&fat FTX" users of SE. But they already have the objectflow updater implemented; that will help on the users' side at least.

Well, that dissapointed me a bit. I spected fully ORBX products coming to steam (not a lite version), and the opportunity to get some good bargains because of the usually Steam sales.

Cheers :)

N.-

Looks like their forum is down and can't read the release.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Chatham, Kent – 7th May 2015: Dovetail Games, the multi award-winning developer and publisher of a range of simulation games recently announced that it has agreed a partnership with flight simulation software publisher and developer Orbx Simulation Systems.
The partnership will enable Dovetail Games to publish new and existing Orbx add-on content for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition on Steam. Under this agreement, brand new Orbx content released by Dovetail Games will have a 90-day exclusivity period on Steam before being made available on other channels. Designed with accessibility in mind, the upcoming Orbx releases for FSX: Steam Edition are optimized specifically for the Steam platform. This high-quality scenery will feature an automatic installation process via Steam, and will be completely selfcontained without any dependencies on previous releases from Orbx.
CEO John Venema said, “We’re thrilled to be partnering with Dovetail Games, and look forward to a long and fruitful relationship. My meetings with the team were friendly, positive and productive and I believe there are many exciting opportunities ahead for us.”
Tim Gatland, Chief Technology Officer at Dovetail Games added, “Orbx is highly respected in the flight simulation community and we are delighted to be able to work together in partnership to bring their scenery to Steam.” Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition was launched by Dovetail Games in December 2014. It delivers authentic aviation experience for simulation enthusiasts and those with a passion for aviation. The game is available now on Windows PC via Steam. For further information, please visit www.dovetailgames.com or https://fsxinsider.com/.

The partnership must have been enough to bring down the ORBX forums. :lol: